Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

FATBOYZ FISHING FOODIE FANDANGO

Hello fellow Northeast Florida Foodie fishermen/women. The intent of this thread is to celebrate the second best part of fishing...the food.

This thread is for foodies, but not really the kind that goes out and pays $100 on two plates and takes pictures and posts them. This one is more for foodies who will take that $100 and feed the family for the rest of the week!!!

It does not have to be all fish dishes. Bonus points if you stuff something and extra bonus if the dish is hard to pronounce. I will post photos often of things that I have made of am making throughout the week. If you have any questions of a dish feel free to ask and please post your best plates or dishes as you come across them. Ill start with 3 from the last week

Today's late lunch (4ish): Asian style noodles w/seafood base, mussels, blue crab, bok choy veg blend, duck egg, and beef tenderloin. Paired with a Stella Artois Midnight Lager. Beer is for aesthetic purposes only and was consumed later HAHAHA!!

Last night late dinner (11ish): Pan-seared Filet Mignon, steamed broccoli w/lemon pesto butter, perogies w/mushroom, onions & sour cream and a toasted pita (x2). Paired with Red Stripe (x2). Made this after working late from the house. Beer was chugged on the spot!

Yesterday's late breakfast (11ish): Tangerine, Dragonfruit (w/raw sugar) & PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH!!! Paired w/homebrewed macchiato (not pictured). No alcohol this time. I could have made it look better. Those dragonfruit make awesome flower garnishes!

Wait until you see what's on the stove now. Stay tuned until tomorrow.

#FATBOYZFISHING #FATBOYZFISHINGFOODIEFANDANGO #YUMMY #GETINMYBELLY #NEFLFOODIE #JAXFOODIE #FEEDTHEHUNGRY #CHEFINGITUP

Replies

• bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 1,243 Officer
    Nice spread fatboy
  • FatBoyzfishingFatBoyzfishing JacksonvillePosts: 159 Deckhand
    I don't get fat from fastfood! And I like to spend all my money on fishing gear!
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 421 Deckhand
    Friday FATBOYZ FISHING FOODIE FANDANGO UPDATE:

Yesterday's late Dinner(11ish): Domino's left-overs upgraded with fresh mozzarella pearls, anchovies, grated Parmesan & Romano blend, Italian herbs, and some Kalamata & Cerignola Olives. Alcohol was a Coconut rum, blue curacao, and sprite mixer (not pictured). I was slummin it last night as I finished up work late and therefore could not finish-up the Masterpiece (jjamppong) I had rolling on the stove. It will be complete tonight and I will make an extensive post on it when it is complete.

HUMBLE BEGINNINGS...

WORK IN PROGRESS
    Meanwhile... The cabbage is fermenting beautifully. This used to be 4 large heads of Napa Cabbage. I need to put them in better jars as air leaks out and stinks! I am going to transfer them into glass soon as I can find some big glass jars. 
  • dixiedaddixiedad Posts: 375 Deckhand
    Fancy eats there fb, you might find those big glass jars at Home Goods. 
    Thanks @dixiedad for the jar info

<<<--Here is the post that you all have been waiting for-->>>

FATBOYZ FISHING FOODIE FANDANGO PRESENTS: Jjampong and more ASIAN FEAST

I was trying to set up a last minute foodie event for Saturday night but every bailed on me and had other things to do! Can you believe that? I don't cook for just anyone, so when you get the invite, you SHOW UP!!!

Started the stock for the Jjampong Thursday A.M. Above is the majority of the initial ingredients. The fish heads came from redfish, sheepshead, mangrove snappers, and pinfish. Also included in the mix was a red snapper cheek! Lots of veg!!!

Stock rolled for 1 day and then additional ingredients were added. Continued to let it roll with the additional ingredients and tried to plan foodie event for sat night late Friday night. Saw that nobody was coming Saturday so I went Kayaking late instead and let the Jjamppong continue to roll. Went crabbing after church Friday and then invited some of my daughter's friends.

Started the evening with some good SAKI(!!!) that I had found Friday evening. Came from Circle Japan Grocery & Cafe market off Beach BLVD. Bottle cost approximately $35. Was well worth it!!

Food came out EXCELLENT!!! Shots out to my Sou Chef (My Daughter) who worked the grill. You can tell I did not do it because you do not see DIAMONDS on the grilled items. Oh well, it was her first time working the grill.

Starting top left: Jameson (JAMIE!!!) Malibu pineapple, Arizona Green Tea, and Sapporo black.

Four bowls of Jjamppong (Woot WOOT!). In addition to the initial ingredients pictured above, I added chili oil cayenne pepper, red pepper, blue crab, crab paste, cubbed fish (sheepshead, red snapper, and porgy) frozen seafood mix, "firm" tofu and seafood from Sprouts market (Argentinean red-tail shrimp, Wild caught scallops, and thinly sliced calamari steaks on sale $7.99 a pound). Sprouts just opened up a location near me and like everything is on sale!

Filet Mignon (Med-Rare - Med) and boneless Pork loins finished separately with Guava barbeque Sauce, Sezcachuan spicy sauce, and stir-fry classic sauce.

Steamed Crabs generously seasoned with Old Bay. Steamed 11 in total.

Almost everybody chipped in on cooking. Could barely get a picture in before the food was ambushed. Earned plenty of cool points for my daughter. Ended off the night FAT, DRUNK, AND HAPPY! Went to bed way to late for a work night. Still trying to get it together!!!

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED!!! Please let me know if there are any questions on ingredients or recipe methods. Oh yeah and when you are invited to a FATBOYZ FISHING FOODIE FANDANGO EVENT, Make sure you cancel all other plans. Maybe we can do another event soon. Let me know if there is interest. I don't mind feeding and hosting 10-12 people. Also there is FATBOYZ FISHING CATERING! I do events and fundraisers. LET ME KNOW!!!

Ramen done right!!: Nissin Ramen noodles (from Circle Japan Market & Cafe), Duck egg & Tao Kae Noi spicy seafood roasted seaweed (from another asian market off beach and San Pablo), and the Jjampong base paired with Goya Coconut water and American Spirit Tobacco in a pearwood pipe. YEEESSSSSS!!!
    Where are the NE Florida FISHING FOODIES AT? Nobody here eats or appreciates good food?
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 8,029 Admiral
    I am in the Southeast and all of it looks real good to me.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Even my leftovers get the hook-up: Balsamic steak pizza that was left over from Monday's til 1 a.m. Time-Out bar excursion reheated in the oven with parsley, anchovy oil, Asian fried anchovies, red pepper, parmesan & asiago cheese. Pizza has a blue cheese sauce on it and was great before I put my twist on it. Reheated in the oven. The ranch from Time-Out sports bar is awesome because it is made in house. You can tell by the taste. Food was paired with a coconut & caramel macchiato and Smokers Pride Vanilla Cavendish pipe tobacco in a pear wood pipe!! I CAN MAKE ANYTHING LOOK PHENOMINAL!!!!!   
  • Tony RomaTony Roma Posts: 883 Officer
    It all looks good bro, great write up. 
    edited December 2020 #13
    I apologize for ghosting everybody, I have been out of town for the last month. I have a lot to catch up on so I will be posting multiple times tonight and tomorrow. Let's get started! 

FATBOYZ FISHING PRESENTS:
    MOONJUICE (flavored rum, blue curacao syrup, and coconut soda) w/smoker's pride vanilla cavendish in a pearwood pipe

FATBOYZ FISHING FOODIE FANDANGO PRESENTS: 

WORLDS GREATEST "SUPERGYRO" HAHAHAHA

Lamb meat gyro w/home made tzatziki sauce, feta, Kalamata olives, pork bulgogi, smoked herring, Israeli couscous. Paired w/Heineken and sprite for my daughter, and natural spirit full flavored pipe tobacco in a pearwood pipe. I made my tzatziki with mint this time instead of dill. Next time I will combine cause I think it will be excellent.

THE GREEN LATERN

All by itself. Its called the green lantern cause it gets you LIT!!! Trade secret so can't reveal ingredients other tan a butt load of RUM!

THE PROGRESSION OF ROTTING CABBAGE

Humble beginnings

Two weeks in and better jars

3 weeks FERMENTING NICE

5 WEEKS: THISISITMAN!!! THAT S#!+ IS READY. FERMENTION PERFECTION!!! Don't try to get drunk off the juice though, you'll be liquid stool for days!!!
    one more for the night...

SO-SO MEXICAN FOOD IN A NICE RICHMOND RESTAURANT

My dad picked me up from the airport in Richmond, VA and I picked out a Mexican Joint that looked good.  

The Patron Cantina

Food should have been excellent but I found things kinda bland. Only took a picture of the cute Spanish girl who did tableside Guacamole. She killed it with too much lime juice though. So disappointed. Excellent ambiance...not a stop on the flavor express.

edited December 2020 #18
    One more...not to end on a bad note...

Italian coffee and a family meal from the Richmond branch Mafia

Went to pick up my daughter from the Richmond Airport which apparently a "NO JOKE ZONE"

Fourth Italian restaurant we passed by (because my dad services all the resaurant equipment in VA and know the skeletons that they all have in the walk-in) was Roberto Italian Restaurant. The waitress made me an expresso and warm milk w/caramel. Looked awesome. Tasted decent.

My step-mom, sister, and a TON  of baked pasta. Mine was spinach cannelloni. There was also chicken parmesan (right), baked ziti (left), calzone (center), ravioli (far middle) , and a Gyro (far left). EXCELLENT MADE FROM SCRATCH MAFIA FUEL!!!

Got two more weeks to ketchup on HAHAHa. Will post more tomorrow...smoked eel...smoked deer... and a metric ton of OYSTERS
    edited January 14 #19

Newport News OYSTER MADNESS!!!

WHATAYADO when you find a local joint (Harpoon Larry's, see below) that serves 75¢ oysters on Mondays??!!! 

YOU CATCH OYSTER MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

DOZEN OYSTERS AS GOD INTENDED: RAW oysters in the half shell w/horseradish, lemon, hot sauce, and cocktail sauce. OYSTER SHOOTERS featuring Jose Cuervo tequila!! Devils Backbone Vienna Lager.

Oysters Rockefellerstuffed oysters (2-for-1), Devils Backbone Vienna Lager (still), and many oyster shooters later...

Oysters stew, She-crab soup, & Hush Dem' PuppiesCream based oyster goodness topped with blue cheese crumbles. Puppy got split as a soup casuality. One more oyster shooter. She-crab soup!!! 'Nouf said!

HARPOON LARRY'S GOT THE OFFICIAL FATBOYz FISHin' SAEL OF APPROVAL: Free advertising of the FatBoyz Fishin' Brand! on the oyster remnant wall @ the enterance. Mutually beneficial to both brands

SAME DAY BACK AT IT

Needed a few dozen more: Had to go back that evening to complete the 6 dozen challenge. Met up with my uncle to get my count up. Also wanted to make sure that gout was real! Big shot out to Uncle Rodney and his AWESOME tab paying superpowers!!!

OYSTER MADNESS CAN TAKE DAYS TO GET RID OF

¶ OYSTERS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIREYEAH BOY!!! Noting beats smoked oysters

¶ MORE SHOOTERS GOING DOWN THE More shooters with Stella Artois. My daughter got the "virgin" oyster shooter (wink wink). She did not care much for da oysta's but I made he take one anyway.

FATBOYz FISHin' HEALTH WARNING: OYSTER MADNESS CAN PROVIDE A EUPHORIC FEELING THAT SOME PEOPLE FIND ADDICTIVE!!!

tWo WeEkS lATeR @THE SAME FEEDING TROUGHWent dolo and had half the oyster intake as last time but still got it in

FIN (THE END)

Will try to get another post in today...still have to catch-up one month's worth...

ANY NE FLORIDA FISHING FOODIES FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR POST YOUR OWN FOODIE FOTOS!!! THIS FANDANGO IS FOR ALL ne FLORIDA FISHING FOODIES!!!!!

edited December 2020 #21

SO ONCE AGAIN NO FISHING FOODIES IN NE FLORIDA. Moving on...

edited December 2020 #22

EVEN FATBOYz FOODIES SLUM IT IN BAD NEWS!!!

AFTER CLIFF/ROCK CLIMBING AND A WHOLE TON OF CATCHING NOTHING...A FATBOY GETS HUNGRY!!!

MEANWHILE IN BAD (NEWPORT) NEWS VA:THEY ARE READY TO HIRE PEOPOLE VA V.I.P. STRIPPERS...

MEANWHILE AT THE LOCAL 7-11 STORE IN BAD NEWS: Forgot how CRAPPY 7-11 food was so I hit up the local and loaded up a CHEESEBURGER BITE that it had been sitting there for only 3 hours and LOADED it up with crappy 7-11 liquified cheese substance and toppings w/pickles stuffed in the box. The best thing in there was the pickles. Herr's OLD BAY SEASONED POTATO CHIPS!!! That stuff is CRACK to a FATBOY!!! It looked the same way going out as it did going in!!! didn't regret it till 2 HOURS LATER!!!
    edited December 2020 #23

LAST MINUTE FOOD PREPARATION IN B.F.E., VA!!!

SOMEWHERE IN BUM F I_I (_ I<: EGYPT (TOANO), VA THANKSGIVING 2020: **** up a hors d’oeuvre platter at my Dad's house while making an entrée for the next stop. Crab dip, Boar's Head pepperoni, aged Gouda cheese, duck (shot that A.M.) and pork (slaughtered that A.M) pate (HAHAHA), berry infused goat cheese, and roasted veg Ritz crackers. Paired with a Seasonal Sam Adams Winter Lager (UMMM UMMM I3ITCHES, Dave Chapelle). DESTROYED IN <1 hr. BEST FOOD AT MY DAD'S while preparing the BEST FOOD FOR MY SISTER'S!!! (see below)

PREPARED FOOD IN BUM F I_I (_ I<: EGYPT (TOANO), VA FOR ANOTHER GATHERING @ MY SISTERS HOUSE IN DA STICKS (WEST POINT), VA THANKSGIVING 2020: Made some killer SEAFOOD NEWBURG w/fresh prepared conch (courtesy of my Dad and YouTube) , crab (claw), wild caught Argentinian Shrimp, lobster base. NO NOODLES THOUGH!!! Arrived 1.5 hrs. late to my sisters house as I needed time to chill @my Dad's and prepare a dish. NOBODY TOUCHED THE NEWBURG OR CRABDIP @MY SISTERS HOUSE as everyone was full off of bland catered thanksgiving dinner except to save for later. Felt awesome to see all that hard work get cold. "An Artist is never appreciated in his time." Everybody poetic, 21st Century U.S.A.

FIN (THE END)

More to come tomorrow...
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,621 Captain
    Great thread! I weighed 170lbs when I started reading it, by the end I weighed 180lbs. 

Food looks incredible...nice work!
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,297 Captain
    edited December 2020 #25
    Your oyster pics made me get in my truck yesterday and drive to my local oyster guy, but he wasn’t home. Hopefully he will be there today! 

I grew up in Toano, VA. Moved to Florida when I was 12. While you’re there make sure that you try Pierces Pit BBQ, https://www.pierces.com/home . I grew up eating there,  best NC style bbq you’ll ever find. Truckers used to park on the side of the interstate and jump the fence to get to the restaurant 😆. 

If you’re looking to catch bass and specks, you can fish off the dock at little creek reservoir and do well on shiners and minnows. Fishing Pro Tech will have bait. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    @Redaction: You are officially a member of the FATBOYz FISHin FOODIE MOVEMENT!!! Only #180+ for men, and 150+ for women.

@Jonsredfishin: Good to see another local!!! I probably know you, that's how small that town is! Pierces is definitely a staple! BEST BBQ PORK EVER!!! I haven't eaten there since I was a kid though. You used to be able to get a large Styrofoam container packed with BBQ for cheep!!! Mom would never get sides other than coleslaw though to save $$ . The mac n cheese was good there.

Did not have much luck fishing there and did not try freshwater because I only got my salt license. Never really had a whole lot of success doing the freshwater there. we would go to Waller Mill Park and fish all day but only catch a couple bluegills and tons of turtles!

• JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,297 Captain
    @FatBoyzfishing Crazy, small world. When I was a lil’ kid my Dad would take me to Waller Mill. We’d rent a John boat and bass fish. I remember catching some of those turtles that were everywhere. Went to Norge Elementary and Toano middle/high, aka battle dome, lol.

I still dream about that Chinese buffet across from the bowling ally in Williamsburg. Had two golden lions outside of it. Best I’ve ever had.   
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    @Jonsredfishin: My 1/2 sister was related to the owners of that Chinese buffet (if it is the one that I think you are talking about). I went to Norge elementary\y, Rawls Byrd elementary, Toano middle, James Blair middle, Jamestown high, Grafton high, and graduated from Lafayette high. I'll message you to see if we do know each other.

BREAKFAST IN VA & IT DOES EXIST!!!

THIS IS HOW WE DO B-FAST IN YORKTOWN!! TWO UP TWO DOWN: Asiago bagel from Panera, Boursin cheese infused w/shallots & chives, claw crabmeat. Paired w/Winking Owl Merlot.

THE LORD HAS SMILED UPON ME THIS HOLIDAY SEASON AND SHOWED ME THAT MIRACLES DO EXIST: OLD BAY SEASONED CHEESE CURLS. CRACK! "NOUF SAID!

KABOB & OTHER SMOKED S#!+ MANIA!!!

FRESH FROM THE CHESAPEAKE BAY VIA NORFOLK PIER & A SABIKI RIG: Bluefish and herring skewers seasoned and smoked to perfection!!! Bite right through the bones!

**** IS DAT S#!+
    : BOILED EGG (left over from Thanksgiving Deviled eggs) KABOBS??? Skewered Deer Tenderloin smoked to perfection! Smoked whole EELs (leftovers from bait)!!! If you smoke the eels without gutting them, you get a treat by way of the liver! You can discard the rest of the innards. Marshmallow & Hershey chocolate skewer!! Smoked Pot(atoe) fully loaded!! Add some precooked shrimp, butta, cocktail, and banger sauce!!! MAKES AN AWESOME FEAST!!! Paired with Kracken Juice!

SMOKED SEAFOOD SURPRISE & NEAR CROTCH SHOT: SMOKED SKEWERED SHRIMP & LABSTA!!! Paired w/Hennessy VSOP & ABC Cream Soda. WOW!!! Almost got my junk in the picture. Oh well, maybe next time!!!

SMOKED PORK N MORE: Smoked red hot VA sausages, smoked beef dog, smoked tenderloin skewers w/yeller' squash, zucchini, 'reen peppas & baby portabellas, sliced pork tenderloin bulgogi skewers, n a couple more 'dem EELs!! DYNAMITE!!! (Especially da next day)

ROUNDING OUT DA VA TRIP!! GET ME BACK TO FLORIDA WHERE I BELONG!!

WHADDA TREE COARSE FEASTFinger foods featuring thanksgiving ham, ze pepparoni, goat cheese, mayo, spicy brown mustard, garden veg & RITZ crackers, mescaline greens salad, CRACK CRAB DIP baked, and Seafood Newburg over angel hair pasta with a smoked shrimp skewer. Featured alcohols are Winking owl Merlot, Courvoisier, & Yuengling Hershey's chocolate porter. Featured Tobacco was nutty Irishman in a pearwood pipe! Magnific!!

Asahi Japanese and Chinese Restaurant, MOM'S TREAT: SASHIMI SEA CLAM, WHITE TUNA (ESCOLAR), OCTOPUS, YELLOWTAIL SNAPPER,  SPICY WHITE TUNA ROLL, & EEL & CREAM CHEESE ROLL. Paired w/lots of SAKI!!! I ATE SUSHI TILL I PUKED (a little)!!! I think it was the fish roe that they served (particularly the salmon) because as soon as I got a little out, I felt better.

COUPE DE GRACE SUSHI @HARPOON LARRY'S COURTESY OF MY RICH UNCLE: No Harpoon Larry's in Florida so I had to say good-bye one last time. Rich uncle says "You didn't come all this way to pay for s#!+!" YEAH BOY!! Everyone should have a rich uncle!! Pictured is Burger cooked medium (Aunt who orders burgers @seafood joint), sweet potato fries and steamed shrimp (lazy style, peeled for an extra $2), Clam Chowder w/blue cheese crumbles (yours truly, FatBoy # 2), She-crab soup w/ steamed shrimp (Cuz n G.F.). Paired w/beer, beer, and more beer. FYI -JALEPENO LAGER IS NOT AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS!!!

SECOND TO LAST STOP BEFORE GETTINGMY HAPPY A$$ BACK TO DA SUNSHINE STATE:PEDRO'S HOT TAMALE! ALWAYS STOP THERE FOR THE TAMALES!!! Covid has them on limited hours so make sure you get there before 12 A.M. (I think). Also got a double cheeseburger from there but I certainly do not recommend it, stick with the TAMALES!!!

FIN (THE END)

FINALLY BACK TO FLORIDA WHERE ALL FATBOYz BELONG!!! Also almost caught up to real time. Just got a few more foodie features to post. STAY TUNED & STAY FAT!!!