Home General Hunting

My Biggest Pis.s off..

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,298 AG
    Big Mak said:
    Yeah, I see moving in next to Anumba1 and hunting next to TRT in my future once my working life is over, but then again I'm no yank exploiting the system either.
    I can help you into a club..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    meateater said:
    sorry but its road hunters for me   tripods and tuna towers mounted in beds of pickups       and heres the number one reason they give         ooh its so thick and over grown you could never see them sitting in truck         try climbing a -**** tree.    fwc is waiting for someone to get shot before they do anything i guess.
    meateater said:
    sorry but its road hunters for me   tripods and tuna towers mounted in beds of pickups       and heres the number one reason they give         ooh its so thick and over grown you could never see them sitting in truck         try climbing a -**** tree.    fwc is waiting for someone to get shot before they do anything i guess.
    you just sound like a pis s y lil b it ch..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 2,005 Captain
    duckmanJR said:
    When I get old..... I wonder what is going to make me mad.....
    Everything.
    edited November 2020 #35
    gogittum said:

Do I aspire to be one of them some day?? yes i do indeed.  Fishing on a Tuesday while everyone else is at work sounds like  heaven to me.   
    By the time you get there, you've earned it.  Believe me.
    I'm 42 and looking back at the last 25...sometimes you wonder how you made it, then looking forward to the next 25....seems like an eternity before i can do what i want when i want. At least the wife and I are on the same page...work our butts off and retire to a house on a canal on the west coast so we can fish and watch sunsets and run out the clock together  
    Don't wish your life away.  I wouldn't want to go back to youth at all, but wouldn't mind going back 30 or 40 years.  Getting old puts its' own restrictions on you......and they aren't much fun.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,248 AG
    gogittum said:
    gogittum said:

Do I aspire to be one of them some day?? yes i do indeed.  Fishing on a Tuesday while everyone else is at work sounds like  heaven to me.   
    By the time you get there, you've earned it.  Believe me.
    I'm 42 and looking back at the last 25...sometimes you wonder how you made it, then looking forward to the next 25....seems like an eternity before i can do what i want when i want. At least the wife and I are on the same page...work our butts off and retire to a house on a canal on the west coast so we can fish and watch sunsets and run out the clock together  
    Don't wish your life away.  I wouldn't want to go back to youth at all, but wouldn't mind going back 30 or 40 years.  Getting old puts its' own restrictions on you......and they aren't much fun.
    That's the real truth Dave ! ......
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 780 Officer
    ANUMBER1 said:
    meateater said:
    meateater said:
    thats not nice.
    meateater said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    meateater said:
    meateater said:
    thats not nice.
    Art just calls balls and strikes......
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    meateater said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    meateater said:
    meateater said:
    thats not nice.
    I'm not that nice..
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,364 Captain
    ANUMBER1 said:
    meateater said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    meateater said:
    meateater said:
    thats not nice.
    I'm not that nice..
    I disagree! Art is a cream puff.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 4,206 Captain
    edited November 2020 #41
    Florida’s Open Border harmful.

All open borders are harmful.

In Florida it’s always been about The Next Resident.
    All others subject to a very effective 
    “ NIMBY” narrative, Growth Manage/ Growth Is Inevitable Story.

So now we stew on our own juices.

Everglades Foundation, River Keppers, Federation, 1000 Friends Of Florida, Beltway Legislation, Amendment One dull thud.... 

Good thing is eventually the state will become awash again.

Earth First!! 👊 
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,498 Captain
    Scotch is a powerful drug.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
    Big Mak said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    meateater said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    meateater said:
    meateater said:
    thats not nice.
    I'm not that nice..
    I disagree! Art is a cream puff.
    Yes, he is....I am not exactly sure what it means...but it supposed to be good...He's "the salt of the Earth".... Well, he's salty anyway...... LOL
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 4,206 Captain
    edited November 2020 #44
    4WARD said:
    Scotch is a powerful drug.
    50 years experience, including key involvement with establishing Florida Public Conservation Hunt Lands is ....... well, routine for some of us.

Zinfandel  Dark  2015 California North Coast. 

A vineyard right smack dab in the area moving to.

A chain of public lands, Hunt country stretching from the Californian coast to well inland. Established before I was born.

Northern California established and future public conservation and public hunt country much more impressive than North Florida.

Californians smart enough to be pleased with how the world Hates California. ( In other words, why would anybody want to move here..... Yea!!)
    And the Energy extends all the way to the County planning Office and Representatives.
    Nice pay back. 

Imagine Florida making excuses for California.

Double Scotch Chaser.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 512 Officer
    Lol Florida is going to be a s hole in five years.  I liken it to an island of birds sitting there wallowing in their own shart. In ten years there will be a state tax.  
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 2,719 Captain
    And yet the people keep coming and crowding in. Developers laughing all the way to the bank, then flying their entire family elsewhere to recreate. The working stiffs sit in traffic and stew. OMG - I’m channeling FloridaOD ;)
    swampdog said:
    And yet the people keep coming and crowding in. Developers laughing all the way to the bank, then flying their entire family elsewhere to recreate. The working stiffs sit in traffic and stew. OMG - I’m channeling FloridaOD ;)
    More like OMGBohica! ;)
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,384 AG
    I've got 20 acres that will be a subdivision some day, and you'll know because i'll be retiring 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 512 Officer
    Me too, I’m getting outa here soon.  It’s toast might as well make some money on the way out.
    I am actively searching for options as well.
    Me too....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,222 Admiral
    I  found my dream at the end of a dirt road in the Big Bend.
    Thousands of acres of hunting starting at my back fence , Turkeys all over the place , Ducks by the...as many as you want. Flats fishing with clear water and a county with 20 Thousand folks in it....winning

Killin and Grillin :grin
    TRT - they plan to put that turnpike at your front door and the hunting land will become Miami north if the developers get their way.  I hope it doesn’t happen though, for all our sakes! 
    I  found my dream at the end of a dirt road in the Big Bend.
    Thousands of acres of hunting starting at my back fence , Turkeys all over the place , Ducks by the...as many as you want. Flats fishing with clear water and a county with 20 Thousand folks in it....winning

Levy County ??
    he's in Taylor
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,222 Admiral
    swampdog said:
    TRT - they plan to put that turnpike at your front door and the hunting land will become Miami north if the developers get their way.  I hope it doesn’t happen though, for all our sakes! 
    That might happen but it will be long after I'm gone. Fact is the entire plan is starting to fall apart with the government...meanwhile you guys are stuck with millions of people and leases that cost Thousands every year. Duck Management areas , Quotas , Limited hunts...what a joke....
    Think I'll walk out my back door and sit on one of my stands this afternoon.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    That ^^^ boy is livin' the dream.
    TRT - I agree there’s some unraveling of the plan. Keeping my fingers crossed and helping and hoping it goes down as a bad endeavor. I love that part of the State! 
  • bottom feederbottom feeder Posts: 1,410 Officer
    edited November 2020 #59
    I'm heading for Citrus county pretty soon.

Leaving Florida... take a developer with you!

• PinmanPinman Posts: 3,044 Captain
    I'm heading for Citrus county pretty soon.

I hope they have a Citrus County Kansas cause if your going to Citrus County Florida.....youre not going far enough
    Citrus is filling up with folks from the NE and some of the horse folks from Ocala. They love to tell everyone how they did, and do it up north. Still a pretty area though. The topography is nice.