Home General Hunting

And You Thought Your **** *** Was Tough?

Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,237 Captain
edited October 2020 in General Hunting #1
Absolutely unbelievable, and horrible.

Replies

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,237 Captain
    Looks like a catch and release? 
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 4,195 Captain
    edited October 2020 #3
    Shows how tough they are and why people lose so many in archery season. If you don’t get a vitals hit, they can survive the craziest wounds. I’ve never seen anything that dramatic. I did see a big 7pt hit a feeder every evening in SC late season after it had survived a major fight and it was covered in punctures and fist sized knots. He wanted the corn bad, so bad he would ignore me while I shot does all around him (club rules were strictly 8pts or better). I can think of three I’ve see survive arrow hits that were just a hair off of the lungs and show up fine on trail camera weeks after. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,028 Admiral
    Dang..
    Must have just happened cause the Blowfly's and Maggots are gonna have a party..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • FloridaMetalFabFloridaMetalFab North CubaPosts: 1,338 Officer
    Wow, thats brutal.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,454 Captain
    edited October 2020 #7
    This deer two years ago on opening day of muzzleloader was shot by a guy on my neighboring property. I heard him shoot and hit the deer. An hour later and a 1/4 mile away it walked by me with most of its shoulder blown off like nothing in the world was wrong. He was browsing and taking his time. It literally looked like a cannonball had hit his right shoulder, but didn’t do much penetration. It was so bad that I didn’t want to take a picture of it. I could see his intestines through the wound. I heard the guy shoot it and the shot sounded weird. I could hear him cussing when I shot the deer. Guy hasn’t been back since, lol. We miss you Brian.
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 2,489 Captain
    What do we think happened to that deer to cause that damage? Automobile maybe?
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,454 Captain
    Coyotes?
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • FloridaMetalFabFloridaMetalFab North CubaPosts: 1,338 Officer
    Reminds me of the screw worm zombie deer walking around with half a skull and brains sticking out but I agree with the top youtube comment that he got caught by a combine while he was laying down and that cam was there because the corn was close by.
    That cut is straight as a chalk line from what I can see. I wouldn't guess it's another animal trying to eat or kill it. A combine wound sounds more likely to me than anything else. He must've held tight a little too long in that corn field.

Down in the glades they will often stay put in the grass until the grass rake on the airboat goes over their head, then pop up out of nowhere and shoot out from under you just before running it over.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,118 AG
    Coyotes?
     I would think that's a bear 
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 729 Officer
    passed on a buck couple weeks ago at picayune strand   walking on 3 legs    one back leg shredded    back shredded and neck and face mangled     but there he was feeding on side of the levee.   tough **** animals
  • gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,625 Captain
    IMO an auto
    "sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 3,028 Captain
    meateater said:
    passed on a buck couple weeks ago at picayune strand   walking on 3 legs    one back leg shredded    back shredded and neck and face mangled     but there he was feeding on side of the levee.   tough **** animals
    Kitty cats
  • OGBOHICAOGBOHICA floridaPosts: 514 Officer
    seen a fence mess up some deer before but thats pretty rank
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,257 Officer
    Year after I graduated high school I got permission to hunt some sweet woods during bow season just half mile up the road from where I lived. Hunted a couple afternoons and saw bucks everywhere so I waited till Saturday morning and climbed in my stand. Should have waited another 10 mins because I could just start making silhouettes of trees and grabbed my rattling antlers and smashed em together a few times.

Well I hardly had time to hang em up and hear swish swish swish deer coming in full tilt. This buck literally stops directly under me( amazing how good there perception of sound is). I pulled back set pin right on his vertebrae and let fly. Whamo! I said _hit that bucks dead on his feet. Lots of blood and all sudden nothing. Never found that buck until 10 days later my step father shot him opening day of gun season. My arrow just grazed his side but whole way down his side and literally tore open his hide from his back to his belly. About the size of 2 basketballs all along his rib cage was wide open. No doubt he woulda died eventually just from infection but learned hard way on that deer to never take an iffy shot again like that even if he was only 2 yards away. Tough tough animals!!