Home General Paddle Craft

Looking for kayak Sportsman

Campbel1lCampbel1l MiamiPosts: 11 Deckhand
edited October 12 in General Paddle Craft #1
Hello,
  My name is David Ray Campbell Jr. I am new to the kayaking adventures around Key Biscayne. Any locals looking for people to kayak with? (Key Biscayne, Deering Park, Black Point, Homestead). Message here if your looking for friendship and Sportsmen to go fishing with. 
Must have fishing license. Be American. Friendly locals.

I know out of Deering the tides can get ripping. How has the fishing been out on those tides from what I remember? Took a quick trial test to see how kayak fishing went. Built me a fishing chair for the kayak :smiley: Wish I had my net was beautiful day out there about 2 months ago.

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 687 Officer
    edited October 13 #2
    What would you have done with that Net ?

I fished the areas you describe for many years, currently on a medical leave of absence hopefully to end soon, and I'll be back on the water again.
    Over the years you learn to read the tides, the wind ,the phases of the moon and seasons of the year, which directly effect the tide, water levels, and currents.
    But I've never considered the tides to rip there, compared to say Stiltsville or any of the cuts or bridges.

I have a canoe, kayak, & SUP and a black '08 2dr Civic,  you could see me out there usually alone any day on any one of my paddle craft, I'm American, only speak English, and rather friendly to most people especially other fisher-people.

Good luck out there.

Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • Campbel1lCampbel1l MiamiPosts: 11 Deckhand
    Do I remember you? Where you the one that use to trot line the jetty shore edge and had a nasty spider bite? I think in 2012 When I tried to start a fishing group you replied also!
  • krashkrash Posts: 687 Officer
    Campbel1l said:
    Do I remember you? Where you the one that use to trot line the jetty shore edge and had a nasty spider bite? I think in 2012 When I tried to start a fishing group you replied also!
    Nope not me. in 2012 I was solely a kayak fisher-person, never really fished the shore edge or used a trot line... no spider bites either. Back then I had a blue&white ScupperPro kayak.
    If you were starting a fishing group I may have replied however, I've been around theses forums for a long time.
    in late 2012 is when I went down and had to have open heart surgery.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish