Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Offshore??

DrLouDrLou JacksonvillePosts: 45 Deckhand
Looks like the ocean may be fishable next week. Anyone been offshore lately? Any bottom fishing? Thinking about going to Cassablanca or Aquarium. 

Replies

• StonehengeStonehenge Posts: 256 Deckhand
    I went weekend before last.  Trolled the ledge for two hours, no success.  Fished bottom in the 160' range and did really well on the triggers.
  • wddusky23wddusky23 Fernandina beachPosts: 11 Deckhand
    Trolled Elton bottom for a few hours today.  Pretty slow, caught 3 Bonita and a pair of peanut dolphin.
  • RealdealRealdeal Posts: 30 Deckhand
    I fished the aquarium yesterday and caught bunch of small jacks and red snapper. Don’t think I had a keeper fish there. Pushed out to 120 ft and finally found a spot that was producing some fish. Ended with 15 b liners ( limit), 6 triggers, 1 AJ and 2 mangos ( one about 8 lbs). Also had a short Cobia that followed a huge nurse shark up to the surface and a short African pompano. The west wind made for a bumpy ride home for the first 20 mile run of the 50+ Run. Finally laid down around 4 pm.
  • DrLouDrLou JacksonvillePosts: 45 Deckhand
    Yesterday went to Cassablanca and found small snapper and barracuda. Got 4 bees and lost many rigs. Moved to the airplane and got 1 bee, many snapper, a nice trigger and a small blacken tuna. moved to the boulder at SE BR and found snapper and 2 bees. Went to The Spike and only found grunts. Only saw 2 other boats having the same poor luck. Somewhat choppy after 20 miles going out. Very hard to go north from CB to BR. Comfortable coming home
    I was hoping that the long stretch of windy weather would have brought the keepers in closer. I decided my next trip would be to the aquarium but the above report suggests I need to go to Elton or The Pipes or beyond. Snapper have become "Trash Fish"