Home Angler On Foot

Angler on Foot

FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,769 Admin
It seems there is enough interest in wading, pier, bridge and beach fishing that maybe we should move Angler on Foot into it's own Forum, as part of General Fishing. What do you guys think? Move it, or leave it as a sub-forum of the No Motor Zone?

Move Angler On Foot into it's own Forum? 21 votes

Keep Angler On Foot in No Motor Zone?
38%
golflaxfishStetson LawjcanracerRyancshanksmareDogmanarode2981reeladventures 8 votes
Move Angler On Foot, as it's own Forum, into General Fishing?
61%
FS Blairswordslayer71barrynflaIndian River Joelfish_stixkojak33BacklashedpalmbeachpeteluiegShep87Rondocranker789Rare 13 votes

Replies

• barrynflabarrynfla Posts: 592 Officer
    Blair........just MHO but, to me, No Motor Zone implies kayaks and canoes. I realize wading, piers, etc. are No Motor Zone topics but I just don't think it's looked at that way.
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    I think Angler on foot is growing and that they should have their own fourm. In General Fishing more people may find out about this great way to fish in Florida.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    Keep Angler On Foot in No Motor Zone?
    As a former Angler on foot, and kayak angler of 2 years, I thought it was quite logical to have the NMZ be inclusive of all non-motorized forms of fishing.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    I think there are too many types of forums here now.
    IMHO AOF along with almost all NMZ is inshore. I would bet that there is only 10 or so forum members that "offshore" in kayaks. I enjoy these offshore kayakers reports but the few there are need just to go in the regular offshore reports.

So I like it by region and then by inshore or offshore or hunting as far a the reports and questions go. This whole need a crew or need a ride is lame, its about as creeepy as the ride share on craigslist something like I need two guys to go hunting with my wife while I'm out of town paying the life insurance.

I would like to see a surf/bridge/pier fourm that wasn't regional.
  • 2centsworth2centsworth Posts: 1,221 Officer
    If I had a choice and I know that I don't it would be nice to have a wading/on foot forum in each of the regional sections. This would give on foot anglers an opportunity to identify and share fishing locations and build report with other on foot fisherman within their respective regions.
    Original member 3093. Sign on date August 23, 2001
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,769 Admin
    If I had a choice and I know that I don't it would be nice to have a wading/on foot forum in each of the regional sections. This would give on foot anglers an opportunity to identify and share fishing locations and build report with other on foot fisherman within their respective regions.

2centsworth, you have a say...put in your 2cents, we'll listen. As we've been re-building the Florida Sportsman Forum it has been the input of the members that has been fueling the changes. As for adding more sub-forums to the regional sections, that's a possibility, but will come from the regions themselves.

With time I think have a statewide AOF section will be beneficial, much of what you do in your home waters, how and what techniques you use will be applicable in other areas around the state. I see this becoming an active community...but only if you make it such. Have fun.