Home General Fishing

Anyone Who Can Tarpon Guide Between Boca And Stuart From The Surf

wahoo1900wahoo1900 Hillsboro InletPosts: 31 Deckhand
Hello everyone, the mullet run is upon us and I have fished this week everyday for hours and cannot catch a tarpon. I’ve fished the mullet run since the early 2000s when I first moved here, but I’ve never been able to land one. I was wondering if anyone here or if anyone knows someone who could guide me as a knowledgeable person from the beach. I don’t want any inshore, jetty, spillway, ect. I want to fish for tarpon from the beach. If anyone is willing and able or if you know someone, please give me their contact info. I am willing to pay for the prize.

Replies

• Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,403 Captain

That depends. Are you willing to wade out for a proper release? Are you willing to do it without trebles? Are you willing to break a fish off if you can't turn it? I don't care about your money, only your character. No hero shots.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    edited September 28 #3
    If you go with ODC....you will have a proper instructor.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,985 Captain
    Anyone would lucky to have him as their guide....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 186 Deckhand

That depends. Are you willing to wade out for a proper release? Are you willing to do it without trebles? Are you willing to break a fish off if you can't turn it? I don't care about your money, only your character. No hero shots.
    If i answer yes to all of those questions do i get the nod? 
  • wahoo1900wahoo1900 Hillsboro InletPosts: 31 Deckhand

Yes of course. Never kept a fish I’ve caught ever (except bait). I’m all about the sport.
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,403 Captain
    GeeTee said:

If i answer yes to all of those questions do i get the nod? 

There's always room out there for the guys who do it right. I'm not really taking Wahoo fishing, he's simply welcome to join me. If I can help, I will. 
  • FatBoyzfishingFatBoyzfishing JacksonvillePosts: 34 Deckhand
    Anybody know of any good surf tarpon spots in NE Florida this time of year? I know where they are in a boat but I have a yak and it is hard to catch up with them. Aiming for this weekend.