Home Off Topic

Tattoos on women

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,999 Admiral
    That's the kind of thing I'd look for in a Resume...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,873 Captain
    Gardawg said:
    some tats look better than others

ink vs scarification ... which do you prefer?

Ugh...that just screams infection. I see an ER visit, a few days of hospitalization for IV antibiotics, and no insurance.

• zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,157 Officer
    Gardawg said:
    some tats look better than others

ink vs scarification ... which do you prefer?

Ugh...that just screams infection. I see an ER visit, a few days of hospitalization for IV antibiotics, and no insurance.

Agree on the no insurance part. Funny how this stuff seems to go hand in hand. 
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    cadman said:
    My girl wants one. She found this thing where its a semi-permanent trial tattoo. It lasts for a while but fades away. A few weeks or months I think. Thatwould be the max amount of time. She wants to try that option so she can find out if its something she wants to avtually get or not. I figured that was a smart idea.
    Tell her to be careful, some of those temporary Tattoos have bad side effects on the skin. 
    Thanks for the heads up, Ill let her know.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • Parker boyParker boy Posts: 190 Deckhand
    edited September 27 #66
    I don't particularly like tattoos on women or anyone else for that matter especially those who go overboard with them. I have become use to them however.

I had an Uncle who was married to my Mom's sister who had multiple tattoos on his arms and when he was about 50 I asked him about them. He was Danish and had gone to sea in the 1930s as a cadet and spent his entire career as a sailor winding up as Master of a ship for Lykes Line. Of course his were old school tats typical of sailors. 

He said he regretted every one as he got older and advised me to never get one. 

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,825 AG
    I tell everyone who asks to never get them. Ever.

But the people who ask are the types that should never get them
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,017 Admiral
    Earlier today i saw a very attractive red head with light blue eyes.  She had a grey shaded half sleeve. I was going to compliment her on it, but I couldn't tell if it was a wolf howling or a dog barking in the main piece
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,405 Admiral
    rock_fish said:
    I tell everyone who asks to never get them. Ever.

But the people who ask are the types that should never get them
    Do a lot of people ask you if they should get tattoos? Who are the type of people that should never get tattoos and why?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    All the time. The other 2 questions are easily answered
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,405 Admiral
    rock_fish said:
    All the time. The other 2 questions are easily answered
    Why do you think they ask you?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,269 Captain
    edited September 29 #72
    Don't care for them, for the most part.

Good artwork can be appreciated ... but only on other people.

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,346 Admiral
    My wife has a small dragonfly on her chest that does not show. It is over her heart for the son we lost. The funny thing is when we went to his celebration of life party in Orlando with all 30-somethings everyone had full sleeves neck tattoos you name it they had it I'm from Ocala and I'm not used to seeing that it just depends on where you live. And they all have them. Even though my son I had a very small one all his calf that was it. Yet his fiance had full sleeves and leg tattoos. I don't get it to me it's disgusting. Especially for women
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,411 Officer
    My wife has 4 currently. Probably go up. 3 cannot be seen unless she is in a Bikini..Her newest is just a few months old on the inside of her wrist. Very nice piece with 2 fishing hooks that make the shape of a heart that are attached to a boat anchor. Her body she can do with what she wants. Shes mid 50's and has a good artist. 
    When she wanted implants i didnt say anything then either... I didnt ask for them but i **** sure didnt say no LOL
    Jason :USA
    If she's Mid 50's and still wearin a Kini...She's Good...Let her roll.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 1,514 Captain
    My dad had a tattoo from WWII .  It was on his forearm.  It had his name and his best friend's name along with an anchor/navy thing.  He always told me it was one of the dumber things he did in his life.

Anyway my son wanted a tattoo and I said go talk to your grandfather.  My son said grandpa's tattoo was dumb but I said in 1942 it was cool.  Point being things get old and you can't change it.

Oh yeah I never did get to meet Jake.  After the war he went back to California and my dad went back to New York....
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,411 Officer
    If she's Mid 50's and still wearin a Kini...She's Good...Let her roll.
    Oh shes great! But im sure you have seen some of the chics out at keywaydin wearing the bikinis.. 
    Jason :USA
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,641 AG
    A new meaning to brown eye girl

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,346 Admiral
    I wouldn't get a tattoo if my life depended on it and someone held a gun to my head they are disgusting. I do say that Mia kimes that has some letters under her alarm is okay. I have no clue what it is saying it's just black ink letters probably something that means something to her. It is far as colors and sleeves neck tattoos leg tattoo no. That's just my opinion I know all the 30-somethings have a completely different idea and that's fine too.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,641 AG
    I bet a dollar you would if your life depended on it. I don't want one and I would. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,384 Officer
    How do you find a super, world reknowned fishing guide if he doesn't have full sleeves, neck to the ears and full leg tats plus his ball cap on backwards?
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,157 Officer
    1outlaw said:
    My wife has 4 currently. Probably go up. 3 cannot be seen unless she is in a Bikini..Her newest is just a few months old on the inside of her wrist. Very nice piece with 2 fishing hooks that make the shape of a heart that are attached to a boat anchor. Her body she can do with what she wants. Shes mid 50's and has a good artist. 
    When she wanted implants i didnt say anything then either... I didnt ask for them but i **** sure didnt say no LOL
    My wife has been talking about implants for 20 years. I think that's why we have so many kids is because they explode every time she got pregnant! She's the boss though if she ends up pulling the trigger on them i won't complain. Also won't complain if she doesn't either because she can suck a golfball through a garden hose. Thats diggin where the taters are imo!!!
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,483 Officer
     Just read an article tonight of all the types of infections and problems you get from tattoos and all the types of infections and skin issues you can have from the various lasers used to remove them. Did not realize that some of the pigments contain chemicals that may react with the sun (I believe yellow and red were the worst) causing skin reactions in some people when exposed to the sun. Some people may be allergic to some of the chemicals and may have redness and swelling around the tattoos for weeks or months. Have a hard time thinking it is good to stick chemicals in your body where they do not belong and letting them sit there, in the same spot, for the rest of your life..............
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,483 Officer
    I do not want to offend any one but the issue of tattoos is interesting.
     From the possible infections from inappropriate sterility of needles (HIV, Hepatitis B, bacterial infections) to allergic reactions that may last years, to decrease ability to sweat in areas of skin with large tattoos, to the studies of personalities of individuals with lots of tattoos. (this is where it could offend some but the info is easily available).
    If you study patients with tattoos, a larger percentage of individuals will show
    increased alcohol or drug use, less education, homosexuality, mental disorders,
    risky or violent behavior than when compared to individuals without tattoos
    There is a correlation in the incidence and severity of mental illness and the extent of inking ornumber of tattoos
    100% lines up with my experiences
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,248 Captain
    If you study patients with tattoos, a larger percentage of individuals will show
    There is a correlation in the incidence and severity of mental illness and the extent of inking ornumber of tattoos
    I don't think tattoos cause this, if it did I could understand A/Cs stance on them.
     Me personally, I've never seen anything I want on my body for the rest of my life.
    RStyle said:
    I do not want to offend any one but the issue of tattoos is interesting.
     From the possible infections from inappropriate sterility of needles (HIV, Hepatitis B, bacterial infections) to allergic reactions that may last years, to decrease ability to sweat in areas of skin with large tattoos, to the studies of personalities of individuals with lots of tattoos. (this is where it could offend some but the info is easily available).
    Sooo , In other words..Folks that have Tattoos are certainly not Boring...winning
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,236 AG
    10 yrs from now people are going to look at the ones without tattoos the way people 50 years ago looked at the ones who had them.   I have none.  Don't think i'll get one 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 684 Officer
    If it was a good enough reason I am for it. I do not look at women the same way if they have them. 

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,853 Admiral
    Gary S said:
    I don't think tattoos cause this, if it did I could understand A/Cs stance on them.
     Me personally, I've never seen anything I want on my body for the rest of my life.

Agree, They don't cause this.  Styles of tattoos go along with people that have certain tendencies in which they are doing more studies with now. The one about homosexuality would be a good one to ask Islandthyme (aka, well all of you know) about.......
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,919 Admiral
    Any girl young enough to have mega tattoos probably wants nothing to do with me.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events