Home Off Topic

I Need A New Cell Phone

Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
Verizon...
I don't do anything fancy with one , A Flashlight , Compass  Google Earth is about all. I make maybe 4 calls a day and a couple Texts. I want one that's not huge , kinda waterproof and reasonably cheap.
I'm not paying a Grand for a Phone..
I'm thinking used or Refurbished...What say you Phone Pros..?
Killin and Grillin :grin

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,680 AG
    edited September 25 #2
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    This one's dope.....

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    What range you looking to pay?  

Moto, LG, Samsung all have great smartphones under $300.  iPhone SE is pretty inexpensive.

These things are commodities now.  Only geeks and nerd GAF about the specs.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,031 Admiral
    i BUY USED FROM tigerphones ON eBAY

We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    $200 to $300 used.
    The phone I have now is about 10 years old. I think it's an Android type. Good phone but I'd like a bigger screen.
    I don't want some **** phone it needs to be tough like me...and cheap...like me...
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,633 Admiral
     I want one that's not huge , 
    You probably need a big phone is Candy is gonna sext you photos! You ain't gonna get all that flesh on some darn small screen!
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    Tarpon65 said:
     I want one that's not huge , 
    You probably need a big phone is Candy is gonna sext you photos! You ain't gonna get all that flesh on some darn small screen!
    You also need to check how strong it is when you put the phone on vibrate Big candy comes first. But seriously I think there is one called consumer cellular. I don’t know if you have to be in AARP or not but they have cheap phones for elders. We got my wife’s sister set up with that and if I remember right it was a real cheap.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• YnotjaxYnotjax Posts: 333 Deckhand
    I have used Gazelle to buy 2 phones,  got a great price on iPhone 7+ iPhone 8 is very similar but it has a glass back for wireless charging.  

Did I’d buy one of the kids phone off of EBay, you just have to check out the sellers ratings. Looked like a brand new phone in a Verizon reconditioned labeled box. 

Other reason for the iPhone 7/8 they were designed for multiple carriers and picked up both CDMA and GSM frequencies.  So if you find a better deal on a service provider or travel overseas the SIM card will be accepted.  Mine was unlocked for any carrier.

After my buying experience I will never buy new again used is just fine.
    I have to use Verizon cause I live in the Woods and the Tower is only 2 miles from my House.
    I Phones are cool but their so dang big. I need Sleek and Sexy like me...
    I gave you the answer if you want water proof. Without that your options expand a lot. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,552 Admiral
    Go to Verizon and see if you can get an upgrade.  I have a plan with Cricket, was having issues with my phone so brought to one of their stores, they said I was eligible for an upgrade.  Not sure how I qualified for the upgrade, I have no insurance, it was an old phone and was not purchased from them.  Got a descent Galaxy 10 for $76!
    edited September 25 #14
    King_Me said:
    Go to Verizon and see if you can get an upgrade.  I have a plan with Cricket, was having issues with my phone so brought to one of their stores, they said I was eligible for an upgrade.  Not sure how I qualified for the upgrade, I have no insurance, it was an old phone and was not purchased from them.  Got a descent Galaxy 10 for $76!
    You went to a Verizon store and have a Cricket plan? Or did you convert to Verizon from Cricket? 

Mini Mart Magnate

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 1,516 Captain
    I've had a lot of different phones over the years. I had a technology consulting company so I had to keep current.  But now that I'm retired I'm done spending big bucks.  My Samsung died and I recently bought a Pixel 3xl .... $250 new and love it.  
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    My wife is into new phones. When she upgrades every couple of years, I get her hand me downs and my old ones get sent to her family in the Philippines. I think it is just a trick to send phones overseas without me complaining too much. I am on to it but what can I do? I just roll with it. It's only money right?

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Yup , Verizon will Upgrade me to a new Wonder , Wack A Do Phone for 20 bucks a month till the Earth falls from the Sky.
    Total cost about 20 Million.
    I talked to Cadman  and what Ferris says makes alot of ...something.
    I want to check out this Antifa site but I'm worried about being Traced as well.
    Cadman has Burner Phones in Bubblewrap for $ 29.99.
    I can be safe..Check out the Dark Web..order Crack and Hook.ers..all for $ 29.99...Winning
    I quit selling burner phones a long time ago. Not a big seller up here. 
    But they were $29.99 and included a limited number of minutes .

Now days they just buy one of those government phones from a homeless person for $20. The homeless just wait a month and order a new one.

Mini Mart Magnate

Are any of them Homeless Folks women...? Just askin..
    cadman said:
    King_Me said:
    You went to a Verizon store and have a Cricket plan? Or did you convert to Verizon from Cricket? 
    Nooooo!  I'm telling him to TRY his carrier(Verizon) and see if they offer an upgrade  for his old phone(assuming he has an existing one) like Cricket(my carrier) did for me.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,595 AG
    Get a Blackberry

Captain Todd Approves

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,127 Admiral
    I love my blackberry 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,074 Moderator
    Yup , Verizon will Upgrade me to a new Wonder , Wack A Do Phone for 20 bucks a month till the Earth falls from the Sky.
    Total cost about 20 Million.
    I talked to Cadman  and what Ferris says makes alot of ...something.
    I want to check out this Antifa site but I'm worried about being Traced as well.
    Cadman has Burner Phones in Bubblewrap for $ 29.99.
    I can be safe..Check out the Dark Web..order Crack and Hook.ers..all for $ 29.99...Winning

Thank you........I think. :)

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Are any of them Homeless Folks women...? Just askin..
    Several. Had one in my store the other day and she told my employee she would hook him up for some pickled eggs we sold.
    Be the perfect lady for you. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 727 Officer
    Whatever you get, make sure it has the Gorilla Glass screen.  I went thru several plastic screen phones and tablets before a friend told me about the glass screens.  No comparison.  Seems almost like the plastic scratches up just by breathing on it.

Agreeing with others here - when I lost my Samsung phone on a hike some time ago, I researched features and settled on a Samsung Galaxy S5.  Good front & rear cameras, small enuf for most shirt pockets, (tho' I mostly use a belt holster) and it does its' primary phone job just fine.  It also does a vg job of surfing the 'net and checking email - handy when on the go.  Forget what I paid online, but it was under $200.  Pay $1,000 for a phone ??  Haha....yah, shore, you bet.
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,167 Officer
    for 300 bucks you can choose between a few different models Verizon offers. Just ask for a model thats 2-3 years old. I loved my Samsung s6 but lcd blew up on it. Have a s9+ now wife bought me but kinda like you dont need all the new jazz people think are essential.

Just think on rainy nights with a new phone you and big c could even upload some dirty videos on some of these websites we all use beside florida sportsman. Maybe use a chinavirus mask though to keep us all wondering
    Winning!
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,970 Admiral
    edited September 26 #27
    I hate Apple as brand but I must admit that IOS reliability is unbeatable. And no more android devices in my whole life. I tried some (Samsung and other brands) and never more. Unstable, performance down after 6 months and end of support in two/three years. When I need a new device I wait the opportunity to buy a discontinued Apple, at human price. Recently I bought a brand new iPhone 7 32GB for the wife spending less than $ 350. Refurbished is also a good choice.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
    zimmy4209 said:
    I loved my Samsung s6 but lcd blew up on it. 
    That's what my trade-in was, now I have the Galaxy 10.  Had it for around 6-7 years, nothing wrong with it, even the screen wasn't cracked.  Only reason why I traded it in was because for some reason some incoming calls would not alert me with a ring or vibrate.  Cricket couldn't figure it out so I got the upgrade.  After about 2 weeks of having the new phone I have 2 cracks in screen already.  I guess they use cheaper glass these days.  I have the protective film on it to.
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,167 Officer
    King_Me said:
    zimmy4209 said:
    I loved my Samsung s6 but lcd blew up on it. 
    That's what my trade-in was, now I have the Galaxy 10.  Had it for around 6-7 years, nothing wrong with it, even the screen wasn't cracked.  Only reason why I traded it in was because for some reason some incoming calls would not alert me with a ring or vibrate.  Cricket couldn't figure it out so I got the upgrade.  After about 2 weeks of having the new phone I have 2 cracks in screen already.  I guess they use cheaper glass these days.  I have the protective film on it to.
    Same exact with mine. This phone has a curved screen around edges and that's where both of my cracks are. Well 1 was just the protective cover other one goes all way down side now. 
    Well TRT, let us know what you get,

Mini Mart Magnate

Samsun Galaxy S8..
    $ 225 bucks Refurb. Long and sleek  , No real complaints and good reviews.
    Just like my Pecker...winning