Home Off Topic

Florida's now open.......

King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,537 Admiral
I guess this is called phase 3.......

TALLAHASSEE – Bars and restaurants are no longer required to operate at less than full capacity, as Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order Friday removing all remaining restrictions on businesses because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Replies

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,411 Officer
    About time!
    Jason :USA
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 2,238 Captain
    Covid is over.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,559 AG
    Did he ban local counties from having their own restrictions?

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

edited September 25 #5
    cadman said:
    Yes sir. He removed the ability to fine making them toothless.
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,411 Officer
    cadman said:
    Yes sir. He removed the ability to fine making them toothless.
    Perfect! Back to normal!
    Jason :USA
  • tankeredtankered Gainesvill, FlPosts: 337 Deckhand

Oh I bet one Robert "Hutch" Hutchinson is livid right now.

I would love to see the look on his **** little tyrant face.

14,038 nobodies. 
    Interesting, he did remove the fines but left local government the option of limiting the number of customers. They can't close bars or restaurants., but can limit from 50% to 100% pretty easily and have to explain any restriction below 50%. 

Not sure how they would enforce any such rule. Mask rules are still legal even though no fines can be done there either. 

He is getting ready for the Superbowl and wants to be sure those attending can have a good time, even if it kills them.  :)

Mini Mart Magnate

• pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,059 Captain
    cadman said:
    Interesting, he did remove the fines but left local government the option of limiting the number of customers. They can't close bars or restaurants., but can limit from 50% to 100% pretty easily and have to explain any restriction below 50%. 

Not sure how they would enforce any such rule. Mask rules are still legal even though no fines can be done there either. 

He is getting ready for the Superbowl and wants to be sure those attending can have a good time, even if it kills them.  :)

No one is making go to the game 
    pottydoc said:
    cadman said:

Except, of course, going to the game is just the first step of community spread. After that, it affects others.

Because, you know, science.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,017 Admiral
    Ya'll are all dead. Kung Flu will run rampant 
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
    pottydoc said:
    cadman said:

I guess you missed the smiley face?

His press release mentioned the Superbowl is why I added that comment. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,853 Admiral
    This just in:  Family is cleaning up BT’s brains that splattered
    all over the wall after his head exploded From watching Gov. Ron Desantis’ press conference today. 
  • dogman18dogman18 Posts: 432 Deckhand
    It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$. 
    “There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”
    ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • ScminnowScminnow Posts: 4,094 Captain
    Florida deaths Per day of China flu last 2 weeks. Time to open up

9/8/2020 3
    9/9/2020 4
    9/10/2020 1
    9/11/2020 3
    9/12/2020 2
    9/13/2020 4
    9/14/2020 2
    9/15/2020 1
    9/16/2020 4
    9/18/2020 1
    9/19/2020 1
    9/20/2020 2
    9/21/2020 4
    9/22/2020 2
    9/23/2020 12
    9/24/2020 2
    dogman18 said:
    It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$. 
    Yep. A lot of people hurting. 
    Scminnow said:
    Florida deaths Per day of China flu last 2 weeks. Time to open up

9/8/2020 3
    9/9/2020 4
    9/10/2020 1
    9/11/2020 3
    9/12/2020 2
    9/13/2020 4
    9/14/2020 2
    9/15/2020 1
    9/16/2020 4
    9/18/2020 1
    9/19/2020 1
    9/20/2020 2
    9/21/2020 4
    9/22/2020 2
    9/23/2020 12
    9/24/2020 2

Those numbers don't match the official numbers.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

Florida numbers are good, but not that good

Mini Mart Magnate

• MulletMaster239MulletMaster239 Southwest FloridaPosts: 342 Deckhand
    Open business bad. Go to ballgame bad. Rioting good. Peaceful protest beep boop.

107 nobodies get to come home as dust in a box.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,692 AG
    open it up...

My wife has copd so covid isn't a good look for her.

neither is flu or pneumonia..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,999 Admiral
    Didn't take long for the Masks to come off in Wal-Mart today. 
    Only Folks wearin them were Old folks and Chicken Ship folks.
    What don't kill you makes you Stronger..
    Time to Man Up Crackers...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,059 Captain
    pottydoc said:
    cadman said:

Except, of course, going to the game is just the first step of community spread. After that, it affects others.

There’s been thousands of idiots protesting and rioting without masks. Haven’t seen any huge outbreaks from them. Maybe you could explain that?
    He can’t and won’t since they are on the same side and that side doesn’t spread COVID. 
    Of course, no one can foresee a spike in cases and deaths.
  • MulletMaster239MulletMaster239 Southwest FloridaPosts: 342 Deckhand
    pottydoc said:
    pottydoc said:
    cadman said:

There’s been thousands of idiots protesting and rioting without masks. Haven’t seen any huge outbreaks from them. Maybe you could explain that?
    I’ve heard the virus doesn’t thrive as much in warmer climates. Maybe all those acts of arson committed by the peaceful protesters helps keep the virus in check. 
    pottydoc said:
    pottydoc said:
    cadman said:

I’ve heard the virus doesn’t thrive as much in warmer climates. Maybe all those acts of arson committed by the peaceful protesters helps keep the virus in check. 
    Many people are saying that a semblance of a plan helps keep the virus in check.

Of course, we'll never know.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,692 AG
    pottydoc said:
    pottydoc said:
    cadman said:

Many people are saying that a semblance of a plan helps keep the virus in check.

Kyle had a plan.

Kyle followed thru on his plan almost flawlessly.

Save America from the trash BLM and Antifa movement disrupting our lives..

Be like Kyle.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,109 Admiral
    ANUMBER1 said:
    pottydoc said:
    pottydoc said:
    cadman said:

Kyle had a plan.

Kyle followed thru on his plan almost flawlessly.

Save America from the trash BLM and Antifa movement disrupting our lives..

Be like Kyle.
    Locked up in jail facing a long prison sentence does not sound appealing 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,020 Moderator

Yep. Neither can you.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Yep. Neither can you.
    How'd that prediction that cases would be down to zero soon pan put? Or that it would ...(insert dozens of examples here)