Home General Paddle Craft

More Estero bay redfish, manatees

JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 256 Deckhand
I got on a couple nice redfish and startled a big pod of manatees who then startled me.
My YouTube channel: JakeW KayakFishing

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,971 Captain
    Nice Reds, Congrats!
  • pond725pond725 Posts: 40 Deckhand
    manatee's will make your butt pucker and give you a heart attack. nice reds. 
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 1,513 Captain
    I agree, I've had manatee scare the crap out of me a few times.  First time I was fishing near the mangroves, calm water and not a sound.  Beautiful, peaceful and then all of sudden there is this huge splash right next to my kayak....water everywhere and my kayak lifts and shifts side to side big time.  It was like 20,000 leagues under the sea.... thought it was a sea monster 😀
  • JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 256 Deckhand
    Garysmo said:
    I agree, I've had manatee scare the crap out of me a few times.  First time I was fishing near the mangroves, calm water and not a sound.  Beautiful, peaceful and then all of sudden there is this huge splash right next to my kayak....water everywhere and my kayak lifts and shifts side to side big time.  It was like 20,000 leagues under the sea.... thought it was a sea monster 😀
    That happened to my wife the first time I took her kayaking in the 10k. I think she must have went right over one that was napping and it freaked out and gave her a good bump.
    My YouTube channel: JakeW KayakFishing