Home Boating

Xpress boats

hummingbirdhummingbird Posts: 26 Deckhand
I am considering the purchase of a Xpress 20 bay.
I would appreciate any reviews or advice anyone could offer.

Replies

• FlecFlec Posts: 705 Officer
    I bought a new Xpress XP16 5.5 years ago with a yamaha 40hp.  I have no regrets, It has been just what I expected. I use mine inshore in shallow water 95% of the time. 3 or 4 ocean trips for inshore kings, spanish etc. Some paint flaking off at the transom lift hooks. Its a little noisy when facing into the chop, but I try to fish with the chop and eliminate this problem. I previously had a 20' GradyWhite and an Aquasport 200. Oh,,Great trailer but the wiring for the lights were poorly done ( crimps connectios,etc)
  • hummingbirdhummingbird Posts: 26 Deckhand
    I am between Xpress and an Xcell. 
    Not sure which I should go with.
  • evernic1evernic1 NMBPosts: 153 Deckhand
    seems you be the X man...LOL B)
  • hummingbirdhummingbird Posts: 26 Deckhand
    LOL.
    X marks the spot.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,363 Admiral
    edited September 28 #6
    I have looked into Express boats for years. Always thought I liked them the best in class. I bought a 2017 22 bay with options. 9" Humminbird with chip, trolling motor, 8ft Power Poll, trailer etc. Looks and runs awesome. 175 Yamaha SHO. about 15 hours. Only in salt water once. I bought it on impulse. Son took it out a couple times me once. Idle only down Silver River. It is for sale if interested. I am out of boating.Jet black hull offwhite easy maintenance interior. Looks like new. 
  • plumber1969plumber1969 Posts: 335 Deckhand
    We had one for several years and it did everything I wanted it to do and then some. Boat rode well for what it is and never had any issues that I could not fix myself. WE simply started fishing further out and the boat did not fit those needs. 
    2019 Frontier 2014