Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Please

Please put something on 10k forum.However,it might too many
good fishing days.But we will even ready incoherent 2 am posts.

Replies

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,901 Captain
    Here you go... not quite 10K (but Flamingo is close...).  One of my customers took this photo two days ago at the end of the trip at the boat ramp... and NO it's not a 'gator... 

this might be the same croc that tried to take my boat brush out of my hands a few weeks back... All l was doing was dunking it next to the boat before doing a bit of scrubbing on the gunnels to cut down on the real cleaning the boat would get back at home.  Thank heavens that brush is on a four foot stick.... the animal exploded out from under my hull and grabbed the head of the brush like it was a fish and I had to wrestle him for a moment to get it back... We were close enough that I could see one of his front teeth (the big canines) was broken off... Never a camera around when you need one - guess a video of me and that croc would have gone viral.... 

Just nothing like the 'glades... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Caxambas KidCaxambas Kid Posts: 200 Deckhand
    edited September 16 #3
    OK Lee, 
    Here you go...........Last Friday @ Caxambas Pass launched and fished the beach. Water was very clear, 84f. Did manage a 23" redfish on a top water. Girlfriend gets a huge blow-up and whatever it was, severed the 30lb mono leader. Minutes later, she gets another blow-up and this fish pulled the front treble out of a brand new Mirrodine prop bait! Into the Morgan River and got a 16" trout. Went to a little island and got an 18" trout. Both were on blue Yo-Zuri jerk baits. Through the day it was the normal jacks/ladyfish and I did lose a 20"+ mackerel while on the beach.

I live in Naples near Lakewood country Club. A few years a ago while paying to play golf, there was a picture on the cash register of a gator/croc named Lulu. I asked the lady at the desk and she confirmed it was a croc. Said FWC took it out and dropped in way south.....probably where you fish. A few years later, playing again, I asked about Lulu. She said Lulu came back and had to be removed again. Not sure of the distance, but I'll 50 miles how the crow flies to be dropped off and return.

"My" resident bald eagle from the backyard..........

Nice pic of the croc!
    Polar 1900 Yamaha 115
  • Mr, GooganMr, Googan Posts: 73 Deckhand
    I usually fish live bait, but went out a few weeks back wanting to run & gun a bunch of spots with artificials.  My son caught his first fish tossing a plug, I'm not sure if he was more surprised or excited.  The fish these days are average, but the smiles are huge! 
  • nobleonenobleone Posts: 82 Deckhand
    I usually fish live bait, but went out a few weeks back wanting to run & gun a bunch of spots with artificials.  My son caught his first fish tossing a plug, I'm not sure if he was more surprised or excited.  The fish these days are average, but the smiles are huge! 
    Holy mackeral there kingfish!!!

That there is what it is all about, heartwarming, life changing experiences.  Your son probably got hooked deeper than the fish did, way to go!

"If it's not one thing, it's an alternator"

• 10kman10kman Posts: 659 Officer
       With each time one fishes,one learns or relearns a lesson
    on the water.Over the weekend,the 10k area probably had
    twelve inches of rain dumped on it.
        First,it totally changes what hi and low water means for
    tide.So at low tide you could go into areas that are normally
    oyster beds.Second,at hi tide,the water now is up to bottom
    limbs of the mangroves.Third,caught many small snook,but
    only two very small reds.So that tells me,reds are very
    sensitive to salinity conditions,snook not so sensitive.

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,171 Officer
    I have caught snook in freshwater often. Salinity may play a role with snook but not necessary. I have caught them in the Caloosahatchee River all the way to Lake Okeechobee. The largest snook I have seen caught was in that area.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,901 Captain
    Invited this dinner sized triple tail home today.  Took it just north of the Harney while doing a bit of scouting way south of Chokoloskee... 

At 20" it was just the right size...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • MulletMaster239MulletMaster239 Southwest FloridaPosts: 311 Deckhand
    Just a little north of the area, close enough. Tarpon fishing from land.

Night snook fishing has been very good action lately, but no ‘monsters’. Got a decent redfish at one of the snook spots which is a not all that common a catch for me, I never target them. I was going to just leave it in the water to dehook it but there were a few bull sharks in the area that night.

• MulletMaster239MulletMaster239 Southwest FloridaPosts: 311 Deckhand
    Two more recent shore caught tarpon