Home Keys General Fishing & The Outdoors

Great keys vacation despite the bad weather

Week vacation 7/18/25 ended with a lots of fun memories despite the bad weather, introduce the grandkids to boating and fishing, close encounter with shark and fish, enjoying the boat the water, had a blast, even when could only do very little fishing 

Replies

• FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 607 Officer
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,703 AG
    time spent in the Keys is never wasted.  
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,550 Captain
    nice work no matter what!
  • L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 608 Officer
    I am happy that you are happy. I know the weather played games with yall but all in all you were in paradise. 
    Until the next trip right? 
  • GotseaGotsea Posts: 690 Officer
    L8RBRA said:
    I am happy that you are happy. I know the weather played games with yall but all in all you were in paradise. 
    Until the next trip right? 
    Yup, I left the $750 cleaning deposit to secure a week for next year, 6 month prior to the date TBA I need to pay for half the rent, 6 month  prior the rest, in the mean time I will be fishing from Miami all the way to key Largo every time I get a chance, the fishing in this area is decent most of the time if you know where to go. I will be posting on the south region forum 

Cheers to all 
    Gotsea said:
    Yup, I left the $750 cleaning deposit to secure a week for next year, 6 month prior to the date TBA I need to pay for half the rent, 6 month  prior the rest, in the mean time I will be fishing from Miami all the way to key Largo every time I get a chance, the fishing in this area is decent most of the time if you know where to go. I will be posting on the south region forum 

Cheers to all 
    My dream in life is to do what you do as often as you can. Keep it up bud. Tight Lines
    My dream would be to own one of those houses in KCB, not just one half the entire thing.   Rent them both as often as i can and stay in them when they aren't rented.   
    My dream would be to own one of those houses in KCB, not just one half the entire thing.   Rent them both as often as i can and stay in them when they aren't rented.   
    +1 but a condo on the ocean would best suit me. Still the same. Rent all year until I visit. COA would kill me tho. Its a mortgage in itself. 
    L8RBRA said:
    +1 but a condo on the ocean would best suit me. Still the same. Rent all year until I visit. COA would kill me tho. Its a mortgage in itself. 
    That's why i'd hate a condo.  I'm sure KCB has some kind of HOA, and that would be folded into my weekly rates to cover.   But the next house i live in will not have an HOA.   
    Yeah, HOA's can stick it. I do like the oceanside perks though. Especially pier access. 
  • GotseaGotsea Posts: 690 Officer
    I personally prefer to stay out of the keys but for one week out of the year, I have three friends that own property on the keys, 1st renters are a pita, 2nd there is only two things to do, fishing/diving and drinking, and that gets old pretty soon, after I retired I spend one entire month  on Islamorada the first two weeks where fine after that wasn't that pleasant. where I live I am 30 minutes from the ramp, the boat is always ready, I have a freezer full of chum and bait all the time, if I feel like fishing I hook up and go many times solo, for me that is my dream, even if I hit the jackpot tomorrow I will not buy a house in the Keys, if anything I'll buy a house on the mountains, go there in the winter for a week or two to fish on the lake or river enjoy a good fireplace and a hot cup of coffee on the porch looking at nature. Cheers guys 
  • dihrddihrd Posts: 163 Deckhand
    Each to there izzone I’d love the convenance of a place on a canal mid-lower keys. Off beaten bath like dr arms.