Home Keys General Fishing & The Outdoors

Windy Trolling

bwhite35bwhite35 South CarolinaPosts: 7 Deckhand
I don’t know what it is, but every time I come down the wind blows.  I’ll make the best of it and get out when I can.   Any reports on why depth the dolphin are hanging out? 

Replies

• MarlinmanMarlinman Posts: 143 Deckhand
    In KCB this week and it’s been ridiculous. Only made it out one day to 650’ and had to turn back after about an hour as it was too much for a few in the boat. Had two strikes with one being undersized and the other coming unbuttoned. Fished the gulf side and had some fun with mangos, sharks, trout and big needlefish. Overall the wx just sucked this week for sure, but Mother Nature can be a fickle lady. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,703 AG
    those houndfish are fun when they start tailwalking if you've never seen it before.  
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • GotseaGotsea Posts: 690 Officer
    edited July 24 #4
    Marlinman said:
    In KCB this week and it’s been ridiculous. Only made it out one day to 650’ and had to turn back after about an hour as it was too much for a few in the boat. Had two strikes with one being undersized and the other coming unbuttoned. Fished the gulf side and had some fun with mangos, sharks, trout and big needlefish. Overall the wx just sucked this week for sure, but Mother Nature can be a fickle lady. 
    Don't feel bad, it is same for all, if you notice there are no fishing reports, welcome to the club, one whole year planning this trip have been able to make it offshore only once for a little while. leaving tomorrow 
  • bluewater00bluewater00 Posts: 118 Deckhand
    been that way for us the last few trips also, like winter time winds. Tough when you can't get out. Try the 7 mile bridge pilings, get a few numbers out in the gulf, should be mangs all over the patches