Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Stingwray 7/19/20 bottom trip

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 802 Officer
Well today had some friends from my home town for a day of fishing. Along with a great local friend that has taught me a lot about bottom fishing on the gulf over the years. And I am still learning from him, thanks Rob. Well seas were a little bumpy but the crew still got the fish in the box. Anytime spent on the water with friends is always a great time. The fish are just a bonus. Well back after em again tomorrow. Catch em up

Replies

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,999 Captain
    Fine catch!  Considered going out,  but too bumpy for my old body ;-)
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 802 Officer
    Klinger said:
    Fine catch!  Considered going out,  but too bumpy for my old body ;-)
    Thanks, well today’s forecast was calling for 2~3ft seas. Had a friend and his 4 kids on boat. Started them in close to feel bite then went deeper later. Sea’s were a lot  better then Sunday’s trip. They all had a blast and we boxed a few fish.  Now they have them some fresh fish for dinner. 
    Catch em up

This trip was a blast with the kids on board. This is why I fish. 
    Carch em up
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,206 Officer
    Man, those are some nice fish!!!  Mighty fine size snapper & WOW, what a grouper!  Looks like folks had a real good time.  Glad you got ole Capt. Conan out there to catch a few.

Livin' the Dream !
    edited August 3 #6
    7/31/20
    Here are the final red snapper boxed for the 2020 fishing season. We had another great run after em.  Making a lot of life time memories along the way. Now it’s time to gear up for some AJ’s and groupers fishing. 

My dinner tonight fresh blackened/ grilled red snapper from Saturday’s trip. My trip tomorrow will be a blast. On board will be my wife and me. I have already put pressure on her to catch me a fish. I think she is up to the challenge. Ole fishermen never die that just smell that way.
    Catch em up

edited August 9 #8
    Trip 8/07/20
    On Friday’s trip I had a special guest on board my wife. We only get to fish together about once a year. With only her and me on the trip and me  running the wheel.  It was just about a fun day together on the gulf. She hooked some big fish that were more then she could handle and I was very happy to  assist.  Her favorite fish of the trip were some nice vermillion snapper aka B-liners she boxed. Another great day on the gulf.

Catch em up
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,999 Captain
    Nice one!  Sometimes the best trips are the ones that are just for fun 
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,206 Officer
    That's a stud Mingo!

Livin' the Dream !
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,186 Admiral
    Heck yes! Nice catching!
    edited August 30 #12
    It’s  a little bumpy out here even in the pass.😀
    Catch em up