Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

St. Johns in Palatka

Anymore have any advice for fishing the Palatka area of the St. Johns?  got a new to me Action Craft and want to head out next weekend.  Many thanks for any advice.  

Replies

• Black WaterBlack Water Posts: 264 Deckhand
    What kind fish? 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." :fishing
  • DCB_WVUDCB_WVU Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Just interested what is happening.  I have heard of Mangrove snappers down that far but I also vaguely remember someone mentioning a time of year with that.  
    switching it up and headed to Vilano.  Probably gonna pop around the ICW and some creeks.  I will be in the Gold Actioncraft with the Steelers logo on the side.  

• Griffyfishy80Griffyfishy80 Jacksonville beachPosts: 15 Deckhand
    Nothing good in Palatka but cold beer and a sandbar :)... check out Uncork and Unwind off 17
  • firebonefirebone Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Never heard of the Uncork and Unwind bar, is it available by water?  Looks like the City docks are close by anyone park there and walk over?  love to hit drink and food spots on the water!

thanks
  • Griffyfishy80Griffyfishy80 Jacksonville beachPosts: 15 Deckhand
    A lot - you can tie up at the city docks, easy walk, also you can grab a cold one there and get some to go..., dom, import, craft beer and wine. you can get food from local diners and bring it in. currently no kitchen.
    Uncork and Unwind is great.  Good craft beer and wine selections.  
  • Black WaterBlack Water Posts: 264 Deckhand
    This time of year the water gets salty with the shrimp about to come in and there are mangroves over 10 in in the area with some reds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." :fishing