Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Im fishing for snook and..

I’m not a live bait guy, what’s the best artificials for those backwater snookers?

Replies

• 10kman10kman Posts: 669 Officer
      Start with Zara spooks.They are superb in calm water,very early am.
    After 8:30am,put the Spooks away-snook are going deeper.Pull out your
    shallow running plugs.
  • MarcoBobMarcoBob Marco IslandPosts: 40 Deckhand
    I don’t use bait either. In addition to the above I would add paddle tails on a 1/8 oz jig head. That lure accounts for most of my fish in the 10k.
  • mcmklmmcmklm OrlandoPosts: 9 Deckhand
    Thanks, what color paddle tails is best?
  • MarcoBobMarcoBob Marco IslandPosts: 40 Deckhand
    I usually use white with a red jig head. That’s pretty much the standard for many anglers and is a good place to start. I’m sure other colors work great for a lot of other fisherman too. Size and presentation are probably at least as important as color.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,964 Captain
    Good advice.... Yesterday we caught and released a number of small snook on 1/8oz leadheads with Gullp tails over in the Shark River area out of Flamingo... Should have a report with photos in a day or so.... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 300 Deckhand
    If you are in the back areas with tannic  color water , Brown or black jigs will produce as well.
  • MangroovinMangroovin Naples, FLPosts: 134 Deckhand
    Good advice.... Yesterday we caught and released a number of small snook on 1/8oz leadheads with Gullp tails over in the Shark River area out of Flamingo... Should have a report with photos in a day or so.... 
    Same results here Bob.  Couple reds in the mix too.  Upper 10k yesterday.  Your 1/8 oz. jig head and a gulp tail got it done.  Off water at about 11. :)