Home Keys General Fishing & The Outdoors

Flights into the states in these COVID times

Morning guys

Just wanted to get your opinion on whether you think international flights will start back up any time soon to Miami? We are supposed to returning from the UK in October but (from the way the news is talking over here) it sounds like the Virus is still a big  issue over there.

The UK is down to a few deaths a day and flights have started back up to near shore Europe (France, Spain, Portugal etc) and we are hoping like hell that we are able to come back to the Keys in late Autumn. My 2 weeks in the keys has been the only thing to look forwards to through lockdown.

How are things actually going over there- because I don't trust the news for 1 minute to give me the truth!

Thanks

Neil.

Replies

• plasteredplastered Posts: 336 Deckhand
    Pretty bad cases keep going up 130 deaths in state yesterday.
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 800 Officer
    You'll probably be able to get to Florida in the fall, but I would be far more worries about whether you would be able to fly back home after visiting Florida.
  • UK AnglerUK Angler Posts: 297 Deckhand
    Thanks guys appreciate the update. I guess we have to cross our fingers and wait. If we have to isolate for 2 weeks when we get back, then that's the price we'll have to pay. I've worked all the way through lockdown so it wont bother me. My wife is a special needs teacher so has to go into work- so thats a different story.

To be fair, my family all had it back in April, so I'm not unduly worried. I've had worse hangovers (and that have lasted longer).
  • L8RBRAL8RBRA St. LouisPosts: 608 Officer
    UK Angler said:
    To be fair, my family all had it back in April, so I'm not unduly worried. I've had worse hangovers (and that have lasted longer).
    Funniest part about this DEADLY virus... you have to be tested to know you have it. Let that sink in.