Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Boynton Deep Drop 7-10-20

IslandthymeIslandthyme FloridaPosts: 137 Deckhand
HATE fishing on a West wind so we decided to deep drop. Had a good morning. Left at sunup back at dock before 9:00am with our limit.

Image may contain Kevin Knight cloud sky outdoor and water
Image may contain Kevin Knight standing outdoor and water

Replies

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 1,296 Officer
    Nice job....that's productive use of your time. 
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 607 Officer
    no limit in state waters right
  • MangroveMarkMangroveMark Oak HillPosts: 218 Deckhand
    100 lbs per person in state waters which is where those little bluelines live out of Boynton. Good going but you could have caught more legally.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,620 Admiral
    100 lbs per person in state waters which is where those little bluelines live out of Boynton. Good going but you could have caught more legally.
    I’m pretty sure that’s going to change soon though it’s in the works.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Should have been done a long time ago when there were still bigger ones plentiful in the state waters. I kept it as an ace in the hole and left after catching ten or so because I didn't want to clean any more than that.
  • IslandthymeIslandthyme FloridaPosts: 137 Deckhand
    We were past 3 miles so we were in Federal Waters. 
    Well good job then. The vast majority of bluelines that I caught out of Boynton in the last few decades were from 410-510 ft. depths in state waters so I assumed you were fishing in there where they have been pounded down to those size but any that you can catch this time of the year is a good thing, especially to put a smile on your son's face. Thanks for the report.