Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Steps 1-3 of following CREEKGEEK's smoking recipe accomplished.....

bswivbswiv Posts: 7,742 Admiral
Nothing special.......and it was kind of easy.......but got three this morning in a couple of hours.

They've been cut down, some given away, and because I am not too smart, a few thin boneless half steaks are waiting in the kitchen for Louann to apply seasoned breadcrumbs before searing in olive oil and lemon. Hopefully my taste for catfood has increased over time....but I doubt it.

The rest will be getting the sugar/salt mix applied as directed here in a little while.

In one of the pictures note the old hook. Whether the result of a release or of a escape it's obvious both by how healthy he was and by the condition of the hook that it did him not enough damage to stop him.

Replies

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,974 Captain
    bswiv said:
    Nothing special.......and it was kind of easy.......but got three this morning in a couple of hours.

They've been cut down, some given away, and because I am not too smart, a few thin boneless half steaks are waiting in the kitchen for Louann to apply seasoned breadcrumbs before searing in olive oil and lemon. Hopefully my taste for catfood has increased over time....but I doubt it.

The rest will be getting the sugar/salt mix applied as directed here in a little while.

In one of the pictures note the old hook. Whether the result of a release or of a escape it's obvious both by how healthy he was and by the condition of the hook that it did him not enough damage to stop him.
    I think you will like it just fine.
     I ate a lot of kingfish steaks prepared that way as a youngster. 
    ( On top of pasta and fresh tomato sauce is usually how we did it).
    Awesome job bswiv!

Creekgeeks recipe is spot on in my opinion. LOTS of fish and NO mayo.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Posts: 980 Officer
    Very nice! Nephew and i may try again tomorrow morning.  Did you go out of st aug or mayport? Mullet for bait or did you find pogies?
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Posts: 980 Officer
    Ben, saw your other post about the bait. I've had good luck with mullet but we may catch a few and then check salt run tomorrow.