Home Buy, Sell and Trade

IGFA World Record Measuring Device, WTB/Rent, Will Pay Any (even barely) Reasonable Price

ARTennerARTenner VirginiaPosts: 4 Greenhorn
Hi Folks,

I wasn't sure whether this or the gear classifieds section was the correct place, so I posted in both places.  Mods, feel free to take one down if it is not the right location.

I am a long-time reader, but first-time poster, as I have a very pressing need for a piece of gear that does not seem to be available through normal channels.  My wife, 3-year-old daughter, and I are close to leaving on a big fishing trip we've been hoping to make for a very long time, and the likelihood of my wife or daughter catching a fish that qualifies with the IGFA for a world length record is excellent.  As soon as we got the green light from my wife's work for the trip a few weeks ago, we ordered one of these IGFA World Record Measuring Devices: http://store.igfa.org/IGFA-All-Tackle-Length-Measuring-Device-p/atldevice.htm

This device is an absolute requirement to be eligible for a world length record (a catch-and-release category created by IGFA in 2011), and seeing as how both my wife and daughter are even more fanatical anglers than I am (if such a thing is possible), it would make such a fantastic gift for them to get them in the record books.  Well, the device, when I ordered it a while back, was listed as in stock on the website, and I even got an order confirmation.  However, since it had been a long time and we hadn't received it, I contacted IGFA, and just found out today that they actually are out of stock and will not be getting any more from their manufacturer for a very long time.

Therefore, I very much need this device, and will pay top dollar for one.  If you have one, I will either rent it for 1 month or buy it, and I will pay you much more than you paid for it, even if you bought it new.  Renting or buying, I will pay all the shipping, and will entertain any offers for one.

I need to get my hands on one soon, and I would be so grateful if you could sell or rent me one!

Thanks in advance  :)

Replies