Home Off Topic

Ford turning radius.

cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,042 AG
Do Ford trucks have a crappy turning radius of are the two idiots I am watching unable to drive a truck?

At a drive thru and watching two different Ford  F-150s have a problem making the turns without hitting curbs or backing up. It is a Starbucks that I go through all the time without issue.

It is actually funny watching these idiots. 

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

Replies

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,961 Captain
    Your bent frame gives you an advantage.🙂
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • bottom feederbottom feeder Posts: 1,216 Officer
    4x4s don't turn as far and those cv joints will break.

Leaving Florida... take a developer with you!

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,042 AG
    Mine is 4 wheel drive, I know one of the Fords was not, the other was not close enough to tell. One was right in front of me and I had to back up twice to give him room to back up. The guy in front of me was a young kid. i figured he had not been driving a truck much watching him. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,205 Moderator
    They're Fords.
    "What fools can not control, they will attempt to destroy."

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,562 Admiral
    Cad, don't you sell coffee at your stores? 
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,401 Captain
    It's the drivers. The vast majority dont have the capabilities to drive a truck
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    Tarpon65 said:
    Cad, don't you sell coffee at your stores? 
    Yep

Mini Mart Magnate

• gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 382 Deckhand
    Can't speak to newer rigs, but my old ¾ ton Fix Or Repair Daily 4x4 had a rotten turning radius, to the point I finally got under there to take a look to see if anything could be done.  Turned out the ball on each side that enclosed the CV joint had a bolt with stop nut on it to limit travel of the front wheels in a turn.  Screwed the bolt in quite a bit and had a much more useful rig and no problems with too tight a radius.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 904 Officer
    To this day, I’m amazed at people that can’t park or drive full size trucks and suvs. Even some with backup cameras are challenged. I guess it’s no wonder self parking and future self driving cars are preferred by some.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Every Ford pickup I have ever driven has a good turning radius. 
     I do see some goofballs putting oversized wheels on and that cuts back the turning radius. 
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,154 Admiral
    My brother put 35" tires on his 4x4 Ford.  I'll have to ask him about it.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 5,981 Admiral
    stc1993 said:
    My brother put 35" tires on his 4x4 Ford.  I'll have to ask him about it.
    They have come stock with 35 inch tires for years on a super duty higher trim levels.

I have been driving Ford Super Duty Crew Cab diesel long beds since 1996. Is it a little bit of a pain to turn into a parking spot and these new shopping centers? Yes but well worth it on the functionality and when you get out of the truck and look at it. Never been a fan of a short bed and never owned one since 1973. Anything less is a grocery getter
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,054 Admiral
    Turning radius is a function of wheel base. Ford has a variety of models some with a very long wheel base.
    If the truck has 4 doors and a long bed...it's a **** to park.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Turning radius is a function of wheel base. Ford has a variety of models some with a very long wheel base.
    If the truck has 4 doors and a long bed...it's a **** to park.
    True but worth it to me.
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,093 Captain
    A Hyundai has a minimal turning radius. Perhaps that would suit you.
    A Hyundai has a minimal turning radius. Perhaps that would suit you.
    I have no issue turning a truck. Apparently we can't say the same about your reading skills.

Mini Mart Magnate

• onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,093 Captain
    No issues with my reading skills. How are your driving skills? Bent any more a-arm mounts? Those pics look like uni-body construction. Is that really a truck? Looks more like a crappy asian... thing.
    No issues with my reading skills. How are your driving skills? Bent any more a-arm mounts? Those pics look like uni-body construction. Is that really a truck? Looks more like a crappy asian... thing.
    Its definite, you can't read.
    When you learn, then we can have a conversation.

Mini Mart Magnate

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,027 Captain
    These people you speak of are probably the same people who feel they have to turn on emergency flashers if they put anything in the back of the truck.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,084 Captain
    edited June 1 #21
    They have wide tires? My tires rub my fenders if I turn too sharp. 

Why are are we even talking about two trucks in a drive through! Lol
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    edited June 1 #22
    Well I thought it was funny watching them try to drive a truck

Gary S said:
    These people you speak of are probably the same people who feel they have to turn on emergency flashers if they put anything in the back of the truck.
    I hate those idiots. Same ones who put them on in the rain

Mini Mart Magnate

• tom waxelbaumtom waxelbaum Posts: 252 Deckhand
    Flashers are parking lights and it is unlawful to drive with them on.
    Well in the F-150 is a piece of cake to drive I have a couple at work. My F350 crew cab long bed now that is a pain in the butt the park in some Lots but like I've said before well worth it. I think it's Super Duty Ford short bed looks ridiculous when the cab is bigger than the bed I never have got that I can only go with a 8 foot bed. But that's just me I understand that short beds are more popular. That went at the gas station filling up in my truck I get way more compliments from strangers.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,154 Admiral
    F350 CC makes a prettier truck . My BIL that died a couple of months ago that's all he ever bought. Back when we put in truck scales.  They were good trucks back then.
  • evernic1evernic1 NMBPosts: 91 Deckhand
    and yet they do it !! those lighted overhead signs say "LIGHTS ON, FLASHERS OFF IN THE RAIN...IT'S THE LAW"
    does no good, idiots all over the road...no lights, flasshers on...again I say IDIOTS !!!

If I was a cop...i'd put on some good rain gear and pull everyone I could and give'em a ticket...no warning, a ticket...and ask...can't you read?...they are a serous HAZARD in the rain....and the no lights idiots, don't ralize they are almost invisible...
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    It’s all about the wheel base. The longer the distance between the steer axle and the drive axle determines it. 
     Try driving a long nosed Peterbilt in NYC  or Chicago. Then attach a 53’ trailer. That pickup is a piece of cake.  ;)
  • bottom feederbottom feeder Posts: 1,216 Officer
    evernic1 said:
    and yet they do it !! those lighted overhead signs say "LIGHTS ON, FLASHERS OFF IN THE RAIN...IT'S THE LAW"
    does no good, idiots all over the road...no lights, flasshers on...again I say IDIOTS !!!

If I was a cop...i'd put on some good rain gear and pull everyone I could and give'em a ticket...no warning, a ticket...and ask...can't you read?...they are a serous HAZARD in the rain....and the no lights idiots, don't ralize they are almost invisible...
    Same ones that drive slow in the left lane.   Cops do not ticket them either.

Leaving Florida... take a developer with you!

Although I like an F-350 Super Duty the one truck I would never own in any brand is a dually. What a pain in the ****. That is beyond the horrible driving conditions versus the truck.. Now if you need a dually for work, or Towing obviously then more power to you I would own one two. But not a daily driver that would suck been there done that