Home Off Topic

Sunday

ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,205 Moderator
Good morning
"What fools can not control, they will attempt to destroy."

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,608 Admiral
    Oh Shut up and go back to bed...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,205 Moderator
    Cleaning up the mess. :)

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• dave44dave44 Posts: 10,842 AG
    edited May 31 #4
    Then you have no time for pleasantries!
    😂

BTW, did you notice there is no rioting going on in FS this morning?
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,875 Captain
    Cleaning up the mess. :)
    Good morning! Thanks. 
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
    dave44 said:
    😂

I did notice that. Only one thread removed and another beat me to that. Pretty quiet for a Saturday night.

By the way, some folks (not necessarily you dave) have taken to using the "F" letter to express the F-bomb. It means the same folks. In the future I'll just remove the post without explanation. If the person continues I'll have to give a little vacation. I'm sure we can express our feelings without it. :)

RJG

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

What with the past few days posting, the powers that be say no more politics (as usual), no racism  and no religion is to be allowed. I've let it slide a bit the past few weeks but will have to tighten up. 

Thanks for your cooperation.

RJG

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 2,947 Captain
    edited May 31 #8
    Good morning ... again.

The situation is absurd, and the prospects for calm are slim.

Stuck somewhere between being upset, and not giving a Ph ... .

( An acceptable reference to my upset stomach, ferris? )

Friends in Manhattan were posting photos from their window last night.

A peaceful march that ended in Greenwich Village devolved into chaos.

Trash fires, broken windows, and at least one police vehicle set ablaze.

Ferguson was beset with a horde of morons who showed up late.

That seems to be the pattern: peaceful protest, followed by a lunatic fringe.

They heaved fireworks toward police, who responded with tear gas.

When other idiots blocked I-44, closer to downtown, one was fataly injured.

He'd climbed between two trailers behind one truck, and was crushed.

Nobody to blame but himself ... and the other dimwits ... the driver couldn't see.

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,480 AG
    No one got a timeout last night?

Captain Todd Approves

• restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,282 Captain
    Well dang, I had an actual good point I was waiting for a response on. Oh well, I get it. Feel bad for you Ferris
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,187 Officer
    edited May 31 #11
    Between Corona, shootings, riots, and now Hurricane season people are unsure of the future and on edge. 
    Personally, I will take people lashing out on a forum as opposed to physically lashing out. 
    One button and it’s gone. No harm, no foul. 

Honestly, I hope some got it out of their system, but somehow I know better 
    mplspug said:
    No one got a timeout last night?
    Evidently, few were spared.

However, at last report, it was peaceful in Fargo.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,329 Admiral
    No worries here, we had pressed boundaries quite a bit.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    Did most of it happen after 10pm?  

Captain Todd Approves

Have no idea, I worked at the farm for the past 2 days. By 830 I was a zombie. 
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    edited May 31 #16
    dave44 said:
    😂

I did notice that. Only one thread removed and another beat me to that. Pretty quiet for a Saturday night.

By the way, some folks (not necessarily you dave) have taken to using the "F" letter to express the F-bomb. It means the same folks. In the future I'll just remove the post without explanation. If the person continues I'll have to give a little vacation. I'm sure we can express our feelings without it. :)

See.. now I'm being set up.  That's not fair.  I usually don't look at these m-t-w-th-f-s-s threads.  Why would I?
    Glad I did though.. thanks TRT!  that was FLIPPIN funny :D

There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,401 Captain
    Guess I missed the show. Everything news worthy over the past 5 months has been political
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    Curfew tonight in Kansas City.

None in St. Louis ... could be a mistake.

Last night was no picnic, and Interstate piracy was a new low.

Sooner or later, a trucker will plug a jerk trying to pull him out.

Here's a story: ohttps://www.transportationnation.com/st-louis-protester-killed-while-attempting-to-loot-fedex-big-rig/

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,982 AG
    edited June 1 #19
    The City of Tampa implemented a curfew today from 7:30PM - 6AM, and the National Guard has been activated.  The Mayor said:

“What I saw last night was not a call for voices to be heard, ideas to affect change, or ways to shine a light on inequality.  What I saw was shameful, what I saw was heartbreaking. And what I saw did not reflect our community and the values we share. We stand in solidarity with all of the peaceful protests happening in our city and around the country.” 

Hillsborough County, outside of Tampa city limits, remains as normal. The Sheriff said:

"In consultation with other county leaders, I have decided not to institute a curfew. I refuse to punish law-abiding citizens due to the lawless actions of a handful of criminals. Your Sheriff’s Office stands ready to deal with any threat."

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/city-of-tampa-enacts-curfew-in-response-to-protests/
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,305 Admiral
    Can't remember having so much chaos in a given year.  Not even half way through it yet and were at this point.  Maybe a asteroid collision or nuclear attack will happen next.
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 342 Deckhand
    Curfew here in Jax also 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM. As I said earlier strange times we are in.
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,411 Officer
    edited June 1 #22
    edited just to keep my head down
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,305 Admiral
    edited June 1 #23
    I95 NB and SB lanes were close for a period here in West Palm.  I think they're back opened now.  Wasn't really a big gathering, surprised they were able to stop traffic.  A couple of dirt bikes showed up and antagonized the police on the hwy.  Gutsy move but I guess they don't care.
    Semi truck in Minneapolis tried playing bowling for protesters.  I guess he through a gutter ball

Captain Todd Approves

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,054 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Semi truck in Minneapolis tried playing bowling for protesters.  I guess he through threw a gutter ball

Do they have schools in Minneapolis?

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    You new what I meant.  

Captain Todd Approves

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,628 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Semi truck in Minneapolis tried playing bowling for protesters.  I guess he through a gutter ball
    No marchers were injured but the driver was beaten when he got out of the truck. He’s been transported to a hospital
    edited June 1 #28

In Chicago, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said looters organized and possibly came from outside of the city.

"There clearly was coordination, they were clearly listening to our radio traffic," she said.

"The number of U-Haul trucks that magically showed up in front of stores, car caravans that dropped people off and broke windows and then were hustling the goods out into the backs of the cars -- absolutely, it was organized."

CNN

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,305 Captain
    edited June 1 #29
    Speaking of Chi-Raq, I heard they are holding African big and dangerous game hunts on the street after a zoo break in. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 10,842 AG
    Big Mak said:
    Speaking of Chi-Raq, I heard they are holding big and dangerous game hunts on the street after a zoo break in. 
    It would be safer to leave zoo animals prowling on their own.
    Did de Blasio’s daughter really get arrested for rioting?