Home General Freshwater Fishing

Freshwater Fishing Hotspots

makerbiles6makerbiles6 germanyPosts: 1 Greenhorn

I'm doing the Fishing quests and need some yellow fish. I barely ever fish inland non-afk so I don't know if hotspots are marked with Birds like the Oceans ones. Are they? Or do they have a different marking type or something? Or do they not exist at all anymore? I searched around and didn't find an answer about Freshwater ones, only info on Ocean ones. Thanks

Replies

• ivnivn gvillePosts: 42 Deckhand
    All depends on where in what body of fresh water.  The reference to the birds is that they will be focusing on bait fish that are being driven towards the surface or that simply live in big balls/clumps/schools anyway.   A large body of freshwater that has schooling fish like shad may have the same indicators, although bird species may change.

I do 99% of my fresh water fishing in small urban ponds, creeks, and a local river.  For that type of fishing, knowing fish behavior and preferences for things like structure, water flow, etc. are critical to catching fish.  Of course, since I have clear water spring runs all around me, sight fishing is also possible.  Just need a good pair of polarized glasses and super small/finesse/ultralight tackle.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,274 Moderator
    Any fish eating bird (herons,gulls,terns,cormorants even pelicans sometimes) will indicate baitfish in freshwater. Larger fish will be close by.

Welcome aboard..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,563 AG
    What is a yellow fish?

Captain Todd Approves

• griff85griff85 Fort LauderdalePosts: 1 Greenhorn
    Where's the best spot for snakeheads in fort Lauderdale and what's the best bait to catch them?