Home Off Topic

Hurricane Season [strike]Predictions[/strike] Guesses?

mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,480 AG
edited May 29 in Off Topic #1
With 2020 coming in with Covid, riots, locusts, murder hornets, etc, I am going with 5 cat 7 hurricanes and Florida losing 1/2 it's land mass.

Captain Todd Approves

Replies

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,367 AG
    Can we please start using "guesses" instead of "predictions"
    ty
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,433 AG
    We get 3 real scares and one hit.   But not enough so that i can spend the 500 deductible and get a new roof.  
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    Fl free and clear this year with an onslaught of news coverage about storms coming.  
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,042 AG
    Maybe a cat 3 or 4 hits land.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

• demersalangelerdemersalangeler SE FLORIDA Posts: 328 Deckhand
     I think the same will happen as every year. The media will hype it up. Name tropical depression's. Talk about invest 95 or whatever name they put on a storm thats no worse than one of our afternoon thunderstorms. Scare the crap out of all of newcomers to the state. **** of all of the true Floridians by doing it. We've been over it for how long? Ohh... we born here, so since we were kids. 

I tell you what. When everyone is all freaked out I will go fishing, and catch big mutton snapper. when I get home people will be lined up wanting me to fix their generators & chainsaws. Probably even during the storm like every year. Afterwards they are going to be callingme to ask if i can come cut up a tree thats fallen. 

Dont take all that the wrong way it's just my "guess" not a prediction. 😎

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Should be fairly safe here. What’s the chances of a cat 5 hitting the same place twice?
    edited May 29 #8
    gandrfab said:
    Fl free and clear this year with an onslaught of news coverage about storms coming.  
    prediction^^ 
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,187 Officer
    These predictions should be fact checked by the twitter folks. 
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    edited May 29 #10
    with the way 2020 has gone so far........

Downtown Miami in October.....

Lent Noahs Ark and Baptism - Crossroads Initiative
    These predictions should be fact checked by the twitter folks. 
    I predict that not happening. 
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,401 Captain
    1 massive hurricane with a couple other strong ones
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,305 Captain
    I predict plenty of hype, plenty of coverage, plenty of panic buying, and plenty chances to gaze at the cone of death.

Already had the big annual hurricane preparedness, tie up, and voyage plan meeting Wed upon getting back to work for the week.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    I have about 20 generators. And 60 pallets of bottled water. 
     Hope there are no storms this year, I am running out of storage space. 
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,292 Captain
    Usual plan here. Will run and test generators this weekend

Florida gets total of 3 hits. None over Cat 3. OBX will get more and stronger
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
    I have about 20 generators. And 60 pallets of bottled water. 
     Hope there are no storms this year, I am running out of storage space. 
    Did you know the plastic used for many of the new plastic bottles is not for long term storage?
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,872 Admiral
    Maybe a hurricane could move away from corona the parasites of the media. They need something new to speculate on..
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    We have to survive the most horrific pandemic we ever had. The Coward-20 virus.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,480 AG
    Maybe a hurricane could move away from corona the parasites of the media. They need something new to speculate on..
    Don't lower level winds rotate into the center of a hurricane and up out the top of the center.  Oh, ****!  I can see it now, the eye full of super concentrated covid and murder wasps.  And people laughed at Sharknado. 

Captain Todd Approves

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,982 AG
    edited May 29 #19
    I think we'll get between 0 and 10 storms to hit Florida of between TS and Cat 5 in strength.

Nobody has any idea, and neither do I -- weather is simply too complex to predict even 24 hours out with accuracy, much less across an entire season.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,305 Admiral
    Just like every year they are saying this will be one of most active seasons in history.  However, this year I am going to be a little more prepared by getting some supplies in stock now.  Bottled water, gas, toilet paper, are on top of the list.

Also in the process of making my own fuel transfer pump.  Had about 12 containers of gas last year and was a pain to transfer gas into whatever to use it all.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,480 AG
    I think you guys take it a little more seriously than you should.  Bottom line is it doesn't matter how many actually hit us, just be prepared.

Captain Todd Approves

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,433 AG
    with the way 2020 has gone so far........

Downtown Miami in October.....

Lent Noahs Ark and Baptism - Crossroads Initiative
    Dade county is just about flooded right now 
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,947 AG
    Should be fairly safe here. What’s the chances of a cat 5 hitting the same place twice?

Warning Level 2
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,961 Captain
    Jim Cantore catches covid20 from an invasive lizard bite while hiding in the bushes outside a Home Depot in Mobile Alabama ( trying to avoid the rioting mob).
    The storm ends up leveling Long Island.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,002 Officer
    edited May 29 #25
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,608 Admiral
    It's  only a BAD Season if it hits YOUR House...
    I've moved from the High Intensity zone Naples / Miami etc. . to the Big Bend. Last one we had here was in 1934 and it was a cat 1...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin