Home Off Topic

Let's All Go To The Snackbar..

Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,609 Admiral
You have to be at least 50 years old to have ever heard this jingle...
Anybody know where it's from...?
Killin and Grillin :grin

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    With the Covid, drive ins are making a comeback. I heard that the parking lot at Joe Robbie stadium (Hard Rock) will be converted to a giant drive in this summer. I am going to invest in a mosquito coil company.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,971 Captain
    Riviera Beach 1975.
    Im 49.8
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,989 AG
    edited May 27 #4
    You got me!  

I have no idea....other than the snack bar at the pool I used to frequent for chocolate as a child.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,542 AG
    I loved the dancing hotdogs and animated snacks.  But mostly the hotdogs.

Captain Todd Approves

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,382 AG
    My uncle owned two just outside of Philly back in the 70's & 80's
    Made a killing.
    Then sold the land to developers and made more $$$$
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,382 AG
    Been hitting the gonga again huh?
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,609 Admiral
    Highway Drive Inn...
    Dania Florida.. It sat in the edge of the Mangroves so Skeeter Coils were part of the price of admission.
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,298 Captain
    The back road by ours had several homes that faced the screen. They had speakers inside their houses. We would tap into the line with a cheap speaker and watch for free
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    I had a friend that lived in a trailer on Stock Island and when we were kids we would climb on the roof and watch the "R" rated movies at the Islander Drive Inn Theater in hopes that we would catch a glimpse of a woman's breast. We didn't have sound but it was still worth it. The kids now have internet access to hard core p o r n. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,542 AG
    edited May 28 #11
    Behind the houses across the street from my house growing up was the 100 Twin Drive In.  Between the houses and the drive in was a field.  Just the mention of a drive in opens the flood gates to so many memories growing up.  We spent a lot of time running in those fields during the day.  At night we would harass the people entering the drive in and the "ushers".  

In 1986 they started breaking ground for a Medtronic corporate building.  They took away the drive in and the field, but they didn't take my memories.

Captain Todd Approves

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,437 AG
    My uncle owned two just outside of Philly back in the 70's & 80's
    Made a killing.
    Then sold the land to developers and made more $$$$
    Where was that Jerry?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,036 Captain
    People don't want to sit in their car to watch movies anymore. They want rocking overstuffed chairs in a building with air temperature hovering just above blizzard and the sound level a little over ear splitting. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,032 Admiral
    Gary S said:
    People don't want to sit in their car to watch movies anymore. They want rocking overstuffed chairs in a building with air temperature hovering just above blizzard and the sound level a little over ear splitting. 
    Young folks can get away with a lot more in a car than they can in a public theater. I would have loved drive ins in high school 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • MangroveMarkMangroveMark Oak HillPosts: 164 Deckhand
    Oh yeah, fogging up the windows with your girlfriend!
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,036 Captain
    I fogged a few windows in my time . But kids today are different. And so are their parents.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,609 Admiral
    A gal I know told me the Drive ins were nick named The Finger Bowl....just sayin