Home Off Topic

Jupiter Area Info

OGFOGF Posts: 26 Deckhand
Hello.

My wife and I are considering relocating from the south of Miami to the Jupiter / Hobe Sound (or surrounding areas).

We plan to drive up and check out the different neighborhoods / towns. 

Any suggestions on areas we should definitely check out while we are up there?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,298 Captain
    What are you looking for? Easy trailer access to water? Home with dock?
    Hobe Sound area is good along Gomez Rd. Or Palm City area 
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,310 Admiral
    I was considering moving to Jupiter myself a few years back.  I was interested in the Jupiter Farms area.  This is a community that has fairly large lots and nice homes.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Jupiter-Farms_Jupiter_FL
  • OGFOGF Posts: 26 Deckhand
    Thanks Guys.

Hatcity, we have two thoughts. We either want a multi-acre lot with room to grow or a place on the water with access to the ocean. I will check out those two areas today. King_Me thank you, large lots is up my alley. After living in Miami the last 23 years I could use some alone time  >:)
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,369 Officer
    Been in the Farms since 1987, have seen the whole area grow and change some, both good and bad.........still love it out here though.  That said, if I ever move, it will be to Martin county or around Sebastian or points further north.
    Member #10822
  • OGFOGF Posts: 26 Deckhand
    avmech thanks for your feedback.

I am not set on any community other than to get out of Miami and move north of palm beach. I am even open to the west coast of FL as I grew up in Tampa. My in laws are in Miami so we did not want to go to far. 

Curious why you like Martin county better than Jupiter, is Jupiter in your opinion getting too crowded like Palm Beach? 

• King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,310 Admiral
    OGF said:
    avmech thanks for your feedback.

Curious why you like Martin county better than Jupiter, is Jupiter in your opinion getting too crowded like Palm Beach? 

I'm sure his answer will be yes.  A lot of people are moving up that way to get away from the crowd.  If it wasn't for my fiance wanting to be close to her family in the area I would be making a move to. 
    Palm City for large lots. May also find a waterfront 
    Area of Hobe Sound I mentioned for waterfront 
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,369 Officer
    edited June 2 #9
    The getting too crowded is but one reason.  Taxes would be another reason, not that I am affected currently due to Save Our Homes, but if we move all that goes away.  There are other reasons, not allowed to be discussed on here.

Besides, Hatcity lives in Martin and he is good people............... ;)
    Member #10822
    avmech said:
    The getting too crowded is but one reason.  Taxes would be another reason, not that I am affected currently due to Save Our Homes, but if we move all that goes away.  There are other reasons, not allowed to be discussed on here.

Thanks Frank Hope you are well
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,036 Captain
    avmech said:

I thought they passed a law a few years ago that you could take your tax bill with you.
     I know I would want to take mine, doubt I would buy anywhere in florida where my taxes would be more than $3800.