Home Off Topic

Interesting stat about the U.K.

Replies

• gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    edited May 22 #2
    How to not go political....
    We will be out bred.
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 480 Deckhand
    ......But they are being politically correct and not hurting anybody's feelings.  Not saying how much the other side cares about their feelings.....that doesn't count.
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 476 Deckhand
    edited May 22 #4
    Are r a p e gangs politically correct entities?
    That depends on the level of the individuals jihad. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,677 Admiral
    And one day they will awake and have new Masters.
    What a shame...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,363 Admiral
    edited May 22 #7
    Kind of the same thing going on in my home state MN.  Not sure why they migrate to a state where the winters are so brutal but they are.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,004 AG
    edited May 22 #8
    It's almost like the voting population of the UK isn't as xenophobic as the OP and those who agree with him.

Unbelievable!
    King_Me said:
    Kind of the same thing going on in my home state MN.  Not sure why they migrate to a state where the winters are so brutal but they are.
    That's where the last potus relocated the refuges when he jetted them here. 
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,879 AG
    gandrfab said:
    King_Me said:
    That's where the last potus relocated the refuges when he jetted them here. 
    Not to mention MN is very generous with and loose with welfare programs

Captain Todd Approves

• bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 658 Officer
    edited May 22 #11
    Oh come the F on guys... there are 242 cities with populations over 100,000 in the UK and you're flipping out over 9 potential mayors being of a different religion/ethnicity.

Not only that, this "interesting stat" is just straight up full of incorrect claims.
    https://fullfact.org/news/muslims-uk-viral-poster-factchecked/

Is there any good evidence to prove that Muslim immigrants are "out-breeding" white UK citizens? This is a ridiculously common and vacuous alt-right claim with little substance. 
    https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-an-overview/#kp1
    https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/long-term-international-migration-flows-to-and-from-the-uk/
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,832 Captain
    It's almost like the voting population of the UK isn't as xenophobic as the OP and those who agree with him.

Unbelievable!
    What's unbelievable?

A Muslim was publically a member here for a long, long time, a stand up guy, an attorney, and a good angler that always shared his knowledge freely, then the OP's mindset and those that agree did their thing.

This is nothing new around these parts, may even be same guys under different names.
    edited May 22 #13

Unbelievable!
    What's unbelievable?

A Muslim was publically a member here for a long, long time, a stand up guy, an attorney, and a good angler that always shared his knowledge freely, then the OP's mindset and those that agree did their thing.

This is nothing new around these parts, may even be same guys under different names.
    Jeez. I haven't checked OT in a loooong time and missed this whole thing, that's just pathetically sad.
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,166 Captain
    I frankly do not care what religion or lack thereof a person is.  So long as they treat others with respect, thats fine by me. 
    The gang-**** thing is a no no, and should be prosecuted and/or lynched at every possible turn. 

That said, it it interesting to see the demographics change around the world.
    I did catch a NPR interview a few years back discussing the shifting demographics of various countries.  The #s did seem pretty crazy!  From what I recall, the average native European couple was having ~1.2kids.  Basically, not enough to sustain their native populations.  Certain countries like Ireland were decreasing in their red-head looks department as their population was not breeding fast enough to make up.  Same thing in Japan. 

Basically, it seems like once a country gets more modern, the people chose to not have as many kids.  That can be for personal reasons and/or likely for career reasons.   The fact that women are equal in the workforce now, compared to ~60years ago; many of them are choosing to have less kids or no kids at all. 

So, that leaves a huge void in the population for younger workers.  Hence, why some countries are encouraging immigrants. (also cheap labor)

I know quite a few women with advanced degrees and/or are still in universities.  Maybe 1in10 has a kid.  Having a kid can be a career killer for many women. 
  • tom waxelbaumtom waxelbaum Posts: 261 Deckhand
    edited May 22 #15
    I saw it on the interwebs so it must be true!
    ...you posted this originally, not sure what your point is.
    edited May 22 #17

The gang-**** thing is a no no, and should be prosecuted and/or lynched at every possible turn. 

This thing is also a made-up statistic to promote xenophobic views as well. I've yet to see a good source for the claim that Muslim immigrants have driven up rate counts in European countries in any significant way.
  • LimeyLimey Posts: 532 Officer
    I’m from England. Went back last year the 1st in 20 years. I was amazed how many how many Asian’s and Eastern Block people are there and most of them Muslims. They have slowly taken over where the English people don’t notice. You go in a fish and chip shop in London it is run by a guy with a turban but speaks with a cockney accent. I remember when they first started coming in the 60s.
    Carolina Skiff 238 DLV. 140 Suk
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,274 Officer
    Are  toothbrush and toothpaste sales down?
    Limey said:
    I’m from England. Went back last year the 1st in 20 years. I was amazed how many how many Asian’s and Eastern Block people are there and most of them Muslims. They have slowly taken over where the English people don’t notice. You go in a fish and chip shop in London it is run by a guy with a turban but speaks with a cockney accent. I remember when they first started coming in the 60s.
    Most of them?

Muslims make up just over 5% of the population of the UK.
    bigfinn35 said:
    ...you posted this originally, not sure what your point is.
    I cut and paste to stir the pudding. Glad to be of service.
    edited May 23 #22
    So, Tom, what do you think of the message your cut and paste job is sending?

Don't be shy.
    It worked apparently because I read the fact check from Bigfin and my post was in error. But it was thought provoking which is my intent, thanks for responding.
    edited May 23 #24
    If generating a response was your goal, you were successful x20.

The thought you provoked from me was whoever would produce such nonsense is an ignorant xenophobe.

Now, what do you think about it?

Or were you just trolling?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,137 AG
      I get a kick out of people that say “ignorant xenophobe” and “racist” in every post they make.
    edited May 23 #26
    I get a kick from those who can't see if the shoe fits. 
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,924 Captain
    edited May 24 #27

Unbelievable!
    What's unbelievable?

Bimini, if you're speaking of Liti, I don't ever remember anyone ever giving him a hard time about being Muslim. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,137 AG
    pottydoc said:

Unbelievable!
    What's unbelievable?

Bimini, if you're speaking of Liti, I don't ever remember anyone ever giving him a hard time about being Muslim. 
    He’s made up a different character to flesh out his narrative I bet.
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,924 Captain
    That’s a safe bet. 
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,612 Admiral
    Limey said:
    Most of them?

Muslims make up just over 5% of the population of the UK.

Yes but in some of the London boroughs, they make up well over 30% and have the largest voting block. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

edited May 24 #31
    Which boroughs are those?

There are 9 million people in London and 1m of them are Muslim.

Not everyone shares in the hate for Muslims so common in the cesspool of xenophobia that is OT.