Skip to main content
Home Classifieds: Boats

SOLD! 20' 1967/1968 Seacraft SF Center console $27000, Price reduced

ToxophToxoph Posts: 6 Deckhand
edited June 2020 in Classifieds: Boats #1
1967/68? Seacraft 20' SF $2700

It is with a heavy heart and mixed emotions I list my Seacraft for sale. It has been in my family for over  47 years. I drove this boat all over SW Fl long before I had a car drivers license. My beautiful wife loves boating but the old Seacraft is just too much for us to keep up and not as reliable as I want plus our boating interests have gone a different direction.

The boat needs a lot of attention and deserves a full rebuild but I just cant do that with her. 

I helped salvage the boat in the early 70’s with my father. After reported and no claimant, we acquired it. It has no ID plate but clearly a 20’ SF Seacraft. It is registered as a home made boat because as I was told by my father “it was just easier” , my father passed away in 88. The title says home made.

Hull/Body--- The fiberglass is good, one small soft spot on deck, gelcoat has cracks in places. The transom is shot. I reinforced it with aluminum plates. It has nearly all the original fittings but that doesn’t matter if a full rebuild is done. It leaks but usable. Center console is sound. I added Star Board hatches. There is no blistering in hull that I can see.

Engine--- A rebuilt 93 Yamaha 130 power head on a 88 transom mount and I assume, a 88 lower unit which was rebuilt about 12 years ago. Motor runs strong but needs a water pump rebuild. 

Trailer--- A 90’? Rocket duel axle. Rebuilt recently with torsion bar suspension. New rollers and runners. Tires have dry rot and only good for short local trips, at least I wouldn’t take it far. 

Electrical--- Horrible! A complete Frankenstein job but it works. 

It has an older poly tank. A Kodiak oval bait well which works good. Steering is stiff but more than useable.  

I don’t know the value of this boat but I decided to start at $2700 obo.  I will gladly let her go for more than a fair price to a good home, hopefully to rebuild her. I'll work with you.

This boat runs and I can arrange test drive to serious buyers.

Please ask me any questions.

Tim
239 eight two two 000 seven

Replies