Home Off Topic

No Shoes no Shirt no Mask no Service

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,003 AG
    This fish just threw the hook.  Enjoy.
  • joelunchbucketjoelunchbucket Posts: 451 Deckhand
    No worries. It bites a bare hook. Chances are good that it will bite again soon enough.  
    How much would you like to wager on it?
    edited May 24 #185
    I felt another nibble!
    edited May 25 #186
    Even the revered Dr. Brix agrees that masks are a good idea....on Fox News, of all places, so it must be true!

"There's clear scientific evidence now by all the droplet experiments that happened and that others have done to show that a mask does prevent droplets from reaching others," Birx said of measures to protect against spreading the novel coronavirus infection during an interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace.

"Out of respect for each other, as Americans that care for each other, we need to be wearing masks in public when we cannot social distance," she said. "It's really critically important." 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-birx-said-theres-clear-214422543.html

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    edited May 25 #187
    Just wash your hands. 
    Unless someone infected sneezes or coughs directly on you the mask is doing little. 
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/preventing-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus
     and by the way, this should apply with or without a pandemic. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,343 Admiral
    edited May 25 #188
    Just wash your hands. 
    Unless someone infected sneezes or coughs directly on you the mask is doing little. 
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/preventing-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus
    Man, how do you still not understand. The mask isn’t to protect you. The mask is to prevent asymptotic carriers( folks that have it, but don’t know it)  from spreading it around. Jesus, when will you learn?????

I’ve spelled out for you 4 times now, are you to flocking stupid to understand??? I simply can not dumb it down any more than that for you.  

You must be trolling, no one is that dumb.

You should have been here yesterday
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    Can't use reason with the unreasonable
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,536 Captain
    Just wash your hands. 
    Man, how do you still not understand. Common sense is not common anymore 
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    edited May 25 #191
    Perhaps you might even read the article you posted, John:

Wearing a cloth mask helps remind you not to touch your face and can further help reduce spread of the virus. 

How do you still not understand?

I know.  Forget a lack of common sense or even basic empathy; it's because you are belligerently and willfully blind.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    I don’t need a mask to remind me not to touch my face.  ;)

You apparently need empathy to remind you not to touch your face. Wait that doesn’t make sense either!

Guess he forgot it’s not about the wearer, it’s about everyone else. Kinda like testing for antibodies. 

Too funny. 
    edited May 25 #194
    Big Battery and Georgia Bulldog might disagree, and I'm guessing, John, that you (and your namesake) need quite a few reminders...if for no other reason than sometimes you guys even help reading what you posted.  ;)
    edited May 26 #195

You do need one so you don’t spread the virus around to other people.

Get it yet?
    please try to understand 
    or are you trolling, I still
    say no one is this dumb 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    edited May 26 #196

Get it yet?
    please try to understand 
    or are you trolling, instill
    say no one is this dumb 
    The one thing I have found out after almost 20 years on this forum is to never underestimate how dumb some members can be. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,315 Officer
    edited May 26 #197
    You guys should get out and live. Geez!
    My wife and I have not missed a day of work thru any of this. Literally our lives have not changed except some of the BS restrictions. 
    No mask, no gloves (which the glove is beyond ridiculous) Hey let me pick up this item at the store wearing gloves to handle it at home with bare hands.

Try this.....I will do me, you do you! 
    Jason :USA
    edited May 26 #198
    That's just it, I'm doing me, and you're doing you, but we're worried of you doing us.  

Someday you might even understand and care....or more likely not.

I just hope nobody you know pays the price for your behavior.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,356 AG
    I’m not convinced we don’t want to spread it so it burns out with no more potential hosts. By stopping it we set our selves up for a rebound later.
    edited May 26 #200
    By slowing it down we give time for therapies and vaccines to become available.  Stopping it at this point is impossible until the science catches up.

How's your and your GF's lungs doing, BB?  Been doing a lot of running these days?
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,469 Admiral
    cadman said:

Get it yet?
    please try to understand 
    or are you trolling, instill
    say no one is this dumb 
    The one thing I have found out after almost 20 years on this forum is to never underestimate how dumb some members can be. 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,115 Admiral
    I don't get it. My neighbor husband and wife works at Shands Hospital Gainesville they say this whole thing is a joke and not that bad. Then somebody posts about another forum that is a doctor at a hospital and five of his colleagues and died. You don't know who to believe
    Call me a communist, but I'd take the doctor over the Shands employee.
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 474 Deckhand
    edited May 26 #204
    AC Man said:
    I don't get it. My neighbor husband and wife works at Shands Hospital Gainesville they say this whole thing is a joke and not that bad. Then somebody posts about another forum that is a doctor at a hospital and five of his colleagues and died. You don't know who to believe
    Gainesville, like the vast majority of the US, had very few hospitalized cases. Many Shands employees burned a lot of vacation time due to low census.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,110 Captain
    I won't call you a communist yet. But me personally If I had a neighbor that worked at a hospital, I would take their word over a post from a stranger on the internet about a doctor at some hospital.
    edited May 26 #206
    Gary S said:
    I won't call you a communist yet. But me personally If I had a neighbor that worked at a hospital, I would take their word over a post from a stranger on the internet about a doctor at some hospital.
    Do you have a neighbor that works at Shands Hospital? Otherwise it is all second hand info. My friends that work there aren’t saying that.  
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    AC Man said:
    I know a couple people at Shands, NF, and the VA.
    They are all prepared but no real impact. All have quarantine areas. There are74 patients with Covid in the hospital here. I think each area has a different impact 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 474 Deckhand
    edited May 26 #208
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:
    I know a couple people at Shands, NF, and the VA.
    They are all prepared but no real impact. All have quarantine areas. There are74 patients with Covid in the hospital here. I think each area has a different impact 
    There are currently 74 covid+ patients hospitalized in Gainesville??? That may be the total overall, including presumptives and rule outs.
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,455 Moderator
    By slowing it down we give time for therapies and vaccines to become available.  Stopping it at this point is impossible until the science catches up.

How's your and your GF's lungs doing, BB?  Been doing a lot of running these days?
    The original reason was to "flatten the curve" in order to prevent an over-run on our medical care facilities. We've done that - along with crushing the economy in the process. It's time to get back to business. I don't wear a mask and won't unless I absolutely have to. I'll be flying soon and if they require it, I will wear it. I go to great lengths to stay away from people when I'm in public. For those who are worried about me potentially spreading it to them by not wearing a mask, please do the same and go to great lengths to stay away from me.

I won't shame anyone for wearing one, nor will I allow anyone to shame me for not wearing one.

Yes, I love my 7 year old child, my 81 year old health-compromised father and my 97 year old grandmother. And no, I won't allow anyone to guilt me into thinking I don't.
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
    🤦🏻‍♂️