Home Off Topic

No Shoes no Shirt no Mask no Service

Replies

• SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,274 Officer
    Whatever our street folks nationalities are. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    kellercl said:
    I'm pretty sure pooping on the sidewalk is illegal.  Isn't that public property?
    Ask the San Franciscans 
    Just because it happens and may be a problem does not mean it is legal. It is illegal in San Fran as it is in every other city. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,274 Officer
    Well so are illegals? Doing illegal things, in a sanctuary city. 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,493 Admiral
    legal or illegal it's the same mentality … 
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,144 Admiral
    I mainly wear a mask in places like grocery stores and doctors offices to make others feel comfortable not necessarily for me. I just want to be considerate.

When I go to Publix the dirty looks the people without a mask get is pretty rough.

What gets me at Publix is the 300 to 400 lb people in a buggy over 65 and none of them seem to wear a mask. They would be a goner in 5 minutes if they got the virus.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,144 Admiral
    edited May 21 #37
    The policy for our service techs is a mask gloves and foot coverings when entering a customer's home. You would not believe how many cancellations we have had because they don't want anybody in their house. Hopefully this changes their mind
  • ScminnowScminnow Posts: 4,035 Captain
    For those living in fear, 50% of the deaths in the us came from 4 governors on your side, of that 70% from nursing homes in those states Which governors on your side forced infected granny’s & grandpas back into those nursing homes ( because science) so wear your masks but don’t lecture us about science.
    And I’ve been wearing my fishing buff inside stores not cause of the virus but to not trigger certain ppl
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,010 Officer
    edited May 21 #40
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,004 AG
    edited May 21 #41
    Had to do a grocery shop today, Walmart is our preferred grocer.  We don't wear masks, because we KNOW we aren't infected and cannot pass on any disease.  (We haven't been in contact with anyone for weeks)  We DID, however, follow the directional signs up and down the aisles.
    What surprised and amused us was the number of people going the wrong way through the aisles.  And without an exception, every one going the wrong way, was wearing a mask.  They are "concerned" enough to wear a mask, but not considerate enough to follow simple direction arrows.
    quoted before .

Incidentally, you don't KNOW you aren't infected, even if you capitalize the entire sentence and paragraph.    You might think you know, but you don't.

Welcome back from banned camp.
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,010 Officer
    edited May 21 #42
    Out of 4,624 COVID-19 deaths that have occurred in Pennsylvania, 3,145 involved residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
    Moar science from the left
    “Instead of heeding that clear warning, Dr. Levine instituted Department of Health policies which halted routine inspections and issued guidance for nursing facilities to admit and readmit patients who tested positive for COVID-19,” Diamond said. “For the vulnerable Pennsylvanians residing in those facilities, it’s like they were being forced to live within a ticking time bomb.”
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,675 Admiral
    YUP , Good to have you back..
    I went to Wal Mart , Save A Lot , The Lumber Yard and the Beer store today..No Mask..Just keeping  it Real.
    The Chicks' look at me and Swoon...There go's a Real Man..Afraid of Nothing...winning
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,824 Admiral
    Two men who allegedly refused to wear masks inside a Target store in California are facing felony battery charges after a fight that left an employee security guard with a broken arm, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/12/us/coronavirus-california-target-mask-assault-trnd/index.html
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,376 AG
    It is a free market. Costco is also private property with their own set of rules.  If you want to go there follow their rules. It's really pretty simple.

While true, Costco is a membership store. So, when you pay to join the store they agree to let you in with a defined set of rules when the membership is purchased. They cant change the rules without some consideration in return, such as returning the membership fees.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,376 AG
    Gardawg said:

Awww... failed memes, how cute.

We also sacrifice life for freedoms, key word freedom. IF you wish to show your moral superiority, please feel free to wear a mask.

edited May 21 #49
    It is a free market. Costco is also private property with their own set of rules.  If you want to go there follow their rules. It's really pretty simple.

While true, Costco is a membership store. So, when you pay to join the store they agree to let you in with a defined set of rules when the membership is purchased. They cant change the rules without some consideration in return, such as returning the membership fees.
    lol

Good luck with that....

edited May 21 #50
    Gardawg said:

Awww... failed memes, how cute.

We also sacrifice life for freedoms, key word freedom. IF you wish to show your moral superiority, please feel free to wear a mask.

If you want to show your righteous indignation and lack of caring for your fellow man, please feel free not to.

You just won't be doing it at Costco.

Maybe you should go grab your AR-15 and start a protest! 

How's your breathing these days, BB?
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,879 AG
    Strawman.  Being opposed to wearing a mask does not mean you don't care about my fellow man.

I don't wear a mask.  I am respectful and keep my distance at the store, especially for those wearing masks.

Captain Todd Approves

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,921 Moderator

You probably need to read the fine print in that membership contract. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

By saying "I swear" it sounds like you aren't sure what the reason is people like to tell other people what to do.  It because they like to tell others what to do.   Lots of virtue signalling with this virus.  That and possibly some don't like others freely  doing what they choose to do.   Kind of like I choose to wear a mask.   And if I have to do this, so should you!

Captain Todd Approves

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Those of you touting the virtues of wearing a mask do you also wear goggles or some other eye cover? 
    If not your spitting in the wind. 
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,569 Captain
    I had throat cancer at the end of the year...endured surgery, 6-weeks of chemo, and 33 radiation treatments...being required to wear a mask ain't sh_t. At work they mandated it about two weeks ago...I work 9-10 hours a day and have to wear a mask the entire time, except while in the break-room. Is great? No. Is it comfortable? Not really. Is it tolerable? Completely.  

I wear it when I go to Publix, Home Depot, etc., I do it as a courtesy to others, my wife says I need to do it for myself because of my immune system.

I do feel if an establishment makes wearing masks a requirement then it's their choice, if you don't like it don't go. I got my hair cut yesterday...had to wear a mask.

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,675 Admiral
    Those of you touting the virtues of wearing a mask do you also wear goggles or some other eye cover? 
    If not your spitting in the wind. 
    I don't recall the exact numbers, but the odds of ocular infection is significantly lower than respiratory, so I wouldn't go as far as claiming it is spitting in the wind.  To be clear, I don't care if you wear a mask or not.  But ocular and respiratory isn't 1:1 and shouldn't be treated as such.  Especially if one doesn't rub their eyes until after a good hand washing.        

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    At some point they started requiring Publix employees, but not customers, to wear masks.  Did it bother me?  No.  If they did require customers to wear them would I still go?  Sure, out of convenience.  I have a new e95 or whatever mask collecting dust that someone sent us when this began.

Captain Todd Approves

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,675 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    At some point they started requiring Publix employees, but not customers, to wear masks.  Did it bother me?  No.  If they did require customers to wear them would I still go?  Sure, out of convenience.  I have a new e95 or whatever mask collecting dust that someone sent us when this began.

e?  I have N95, haven't heard of e, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,921 Moderator
    Redaction said:
    I had throat cancer at the end of the year...endured surgery, 6-weeks of chemo, and 33 radiation treatments...being required to wear a mask ain't sh_t. At work they mandated it about two weeks ago...I work 9-10 hours a day and have to wear a mask the entire time, except while in the break-room. Is great? No. Is it comfortable? Not really. Is it tolerable? Completely.  

I wear it when I go to Publix, Home Depot, etc., I do it as a courtesy to others, my wife says I need to do it for myself because of my immune system.

I do feel if an establishment makes wearing masks a requirement then it's their choice, if you don't like it don't go. I got my hair cut yesterday...had to wear a mask.

In your case, and several others on here, you'd be foolish not to wear a mask. Hope everything is going well and the checkups are positive.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,407 Admiral
    edited May 21 #61
    Had to do a grocery shop today, Walmart is our preferred grocer.  We don't wear masks, because we KNOW we aren't infected and cannot pass on any disease.  (We haven't been in contact with anyone for weeks)  We DID, however, follow the directional signs up and down the aisles.
    What surprised and amused us was the number of people going the wrong way through the aisles.  And without an exception, every one going the wrong way, was wearing a mask.  They are "concerned" enough to wear a mask, but not considerate enough to follow simple direction arrows.
    quoted before .

Incidentally, you don't KNOW you aren't infected, even if you capitalize the entire sentence and paragraph.    You might think you know, but you don't.

Welcome back from banned camp.
    Of course perv knows with 100% certainty that he and his wife dont have it. Asymptotic carrier must not be something they understand. I wouldn’t expect anything different 
    You should have been here yesterday