But muh Free market

Costco Employee Kicks Out Man for Not Wearing Mask Covid 19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2TJ_oRJGSM

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,904 AG
    Not my business.   Pun intended.

Captain Todd Approves

• GotseaGotsea Posts: 691 Officer
    Yup private property, follow the rules and regulations or leave. I simply won't go there while the mask rules are in place 
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,609 Captain
    Costco's rules. I dont go there now because I'm not wearing a ridiculous mask. I'll go back when the stupidity ends
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,836 Admiral
    Austria seemingly managed to reverse its crisis by making masks compulsory on April 6, following a spike in infections in late March."

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/25410/20200421/austria-90-drop-coronavirus-cases-requiring-people-wear-face-masks.htm
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,963 Moderator
    edited May 20 #8
    That article is over 45 days old. A lot has changed since then.

But regardless, as Treeman said, if you don't want to wear a mask, just don't go. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,004 AG
    edited May 20 #9
    Gotsea said:
    Yup private property, follow the rules and regulations or leave. I simply won't go there while the mask rules are in place 
    Costco's rules. I dont go there now because I'm not wearing a ridiculous mask. I'll go back when the stupidity ends

Why not?

Clearly you can do as you wish, but I just don't get the aversion to wearing a mask so you don't either catch or transmit.
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,321 Officer
    Gotsea said:

Why not?

Clearly you can do as you wish, but I just don't get the aversion to wearing a mask so you don't either catch or transmit.
    Because he has that right!
    Jason :USA
  • FishingpervertFishingpervert Deltona, FloridaPosts: 1,010 Officer
    edited May 21 #11

A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after opening fire on a Waffle House employee who told him he needed to wear a mask, authorities in Colorado said.

He was arrested Monday. The attack happened early Friday at a restaurant in the Denver suburb of Aurora, police said in a statement. Officers responding to a report of a fight and possible shooting found the employee with a gunshot wound, the Aurora Police Department said.

Television station KVDR in Denver obtained information from an arrest affidavit that alleges the suspect, 27-year-old Kelvin Watson, attempted to purchase takeout food when he was told by a cook that he could not order without a mask.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/waffle-house-shooter-was-told-wear-mask-colorado-police-say-n1210951

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,725 AG
    These people are idiots. Wear the mask or shop someplace that won't require it. 

The newest trick is to claim a disability,

Then threaten to sue the business or report them. The problem is, they have to actually have a disability which they do not. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,963 Moderator
    cadman said:
    These people are idiots. Wear the mask or shop someplace that won't require it. 

The newest trick is to claim a disability,

Then threaten to sue the business or report them. The problem is, they have to actually have a disability which they do not. 
    They are idiots. Just like the open carry idiots who carry AR-15s into Kroger and CVS. Uuuummmm......maybe it's the same people?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,904 AG
    Wear a mask, but by all means browse items and put them back.  Don't forget to wash your hands after touching that mask.

Captain Todd Approves

Gotsea said:

Why not?

Because for me it's quite simple really. I don't believe in herd mentality and I raise my children in the same way. Im not a hypocrite l. Never have been never will be

I've done a very significant amount of business with Costco over 20 plus years. My reps call weekly and I give the same answers. We will do business again, not sure when
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,836 Captain
    For some it's all about them, and they have no problem selfishly having no regard for others. Heck, they even brag about it.

I guess they are part of the community as well, but it's ironic that they are the first ones to cry and moan when they are rightfully called out and identified as societal outcasts.    
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    For some it's all about them, and they have no problem selfishly having no regard for others. Heck, they even brag about it.

I guess they are part of the community as well, but it's ironic that they are the first ones to cry and moan when they are rightfully called out and identified as societal outcasts.    
    So being healthy is now selfish?
     Those masks do very little unless they are changed out every few minutes. 
     I find it hilarious seeing a man with a full beard wearing one! Or better yet someone wearing a Roy Rogers bandanna. 
     Then throw in the scaredy-cats wearing the gloves that they haven’t changed out all day. 
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,836 Captain
    edited May 20 #19

I find it hilarious seeing a man with a full beard wearing one! Or better yet someone wearing a Roy Rogers bandanna. 
     Then throw in the scaredy-cats wearing the gloves that they haven’t changed out all day. 
    Yeah, I know, the concept that one may provide others who are suffering, and anxious, a bit of comfort with a small gesture is obviously too much to ask of many. 

We get it, it's all about you.

Yeah, I know, the concept that one may provide others who are suffering, and anxious, a bit of comfort with a small gesture is obviously too much to ask of many. 

We get it, it's all about you.
    It’s all about reality. Sorry if you can’t handle that.  ;)
    edited May 20 #21
    If you really want protection, get one of these,,
    https://www.mirasafety.com/products/cm-7m-military-gas-mask

You might get some frightening looks in Publix though  :#
    edited May 20 #22
    Liberty in and of itself is selfish. It's a UNALIENABLE right
    you are free to take your liberty to Walmart 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,510 Admiral

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    you are free to take your liberty to Walmart 

Havent shopped at Walmart in 20+ years
    Curios if you wear shoes when shopping or does that infringe on your liberties? 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,510 Admiral
    People are free to poop on the sidewalk.

People are also free to poop in the air with 'rona19.

Same mentality.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,694 Admiral
    I'm pretty sure pooping on the sidewalk is illegal.  Isn't that public property?

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,184 Admiral
    But muh Free market

Costco Employee Kicks Out Man for Not Wearing Mask Covid 19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2TJ_oRJGSM
    Lets all get our A.R.'s and protest......
    We need a reason to get them out of the cabinet anyway.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 1,304 Officer
    kellercl said:
    I'm pretty sure pooping on the sidewalk is illegal.  Isn't that public property?
    Ask the San Franciscans 
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,184 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    Ask the San Franciscans 
    You mean Chinese?

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.