Home Off Topic

Brian Lee HItchens

GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,493 Admiral
edited May 15 in Off Topic #1

Some folks can take a hint. Others need to be bashed over the head to get their attention.

https://theunionjournal.com/former-coronavirus-skeptic-warns-others-to-take-pandemic-seriously-after-infection/

A person fighting COVID-19 in Florida confesses that he utilized to think the pandemic was being overplayed. But, after he and also his other half were hospitalized with severe infections, he’s advising individuals to take coronavirus seriously.

“I don’t want to see anybody go through what I went through,” Brian Lee Hitchens, a ride-share chauffeur in Jupiter, Florida, informed WPTV-TV in West Palm Beach in a meeting from his medical facility bed. “This wasn’t some scare tactic that anybody was using. It wasn’t some made-up thing. This is a real virus that you’ve got to take serious.”

Just last month, Hitchens stated he was cynical concerning coronavirus and also really did not assume the dilemma was actual.

“I thought it was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us,” he informed the TELEVISION terminal.

“I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria,” he included.

In blog posts on his Facebook web page in very early April, he had actually asserted, “I do not fear this virus because I know that my God is bigger than this Virus will ever be.”

However, in an extensive article to the system Tuesday, Hitchens considerably moved his expectation and also prompted others to do the exact same.

“Many people still think that the Coronavirus is a fake crisis which at one time I did too,” he composed. “And not that I thought it wasn’t a real virus going around but at one time I felt that it was blown out of proportion and it wasn’t that serious.”

Just over a month prior to making that article, Hitchens composed, he had actually begun to really feel weak, and also his other half dropped ill not long after. He stated that adhering to a job in residence seclusion, they started to really feel so exhausted and also ill that they looked into the Palm Beach Gardens MedicalCenter They examined favorable for the infection and also were confessed to the critical care unit.

Hitchens stated Tuesday that he’s really feeling better, although still has “some pneumonia in my lungs” and also is still COVID-19 favorable. He’s hanging on to wish for his other half, that is still on a ventilator and also has actually been for a number of weeks. The 2 aren’t able to see each other and also do not understand when they could be released.

“Please listen to the authorities and heed the advice of the experts,” he begged individuals in his Facebook article. “Looking back I should have wore a mask in the beginning but I didn’t and perhaps I’m paying the price for it now.”

He ended: “If you have to go out please use wisdom and don’t be foolish like I was so the same thing won’t happen to you like it happened to me and my

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Replies

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,133 Captain
    I think it is being overplayed, that said when I go somewhere I wear the mask and when I get back in the truck I use some alcohol based hand sanitizer.  
     The virus is real and it is infectious. But the world can't just stop for a disease that has a 99% chance of survival. Especially if your going to suspend all the hospital services.
     And why close beaches? If everyone can sit apart and soak up some fresh air and vitamin D what is the harm? 
  • supratentorialsupratentorial FLPosts: 476 Deckhand
    edited May 16 #3
    Personal interest stories bring a human perspective to events. I'm glad he is recovering.
    This couple's trials are heartbreaking. The effect of the virus on people with underlying conditions is well documented.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 1,073 Officer
    I’ve never been high risk for anything in my life except maybe getting a face slap or two. Today I’m high risk and taking this issue seriously. People take risks everyday with a misuse of alcohol, drugs, smoking, and distracted driving, and some will do the same with this virus. One thing I’ve learned, is for most people it’s not a problem until it’s their personal problem. I’m using a mask and gloves when we have to pick up something at the store. I need my overall health. 
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    So what? He has joined the countless millions that have had and survived the Wuhan virus. 
     Will he write a story about surviving the flu or any other medical malady?
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,493 Admiral
    Stupid is as stupid does … 
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,600 Captain
    Meh
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump