Skip to main content
Home Photography Corner

Tried out a Nikon B500 yesterday

Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Senior MemberPosts: 1,074 Officer
I bought a Nikon B500 camera a week ago and finally got to try it out.  I like the camera but at full zoom, the photos are a little grainy.  I took it to Sweetwater Wetlands Preserve yesterday in Gainesville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do2ORndrF5c

I had to try out the superzoom, on the moon yesterday morning.  The camera is great for a moon photo.

Replies

• redsgurlredsgurl Senior Member Smack in the middle of salt and fresh water.Posts: 618 Officer
    Oooohhhhhh. I know you are loving your new prize! Congrats. I'm not familiar with yours... plenty of info and tips on line. Grainy? Like high ISO? I have never shot one... there is software out there that can help with "grainy/noisy images" Topaz de-noise is nice. 30 days free then the option to buy. They have great editing software and it's an easy download. Enjoy... Ask, if you have questions. We cant wait to see your images. 
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • JWTJWT Senior Member Sunny South FloridaPosts: 788 Officer
    great shot! what lens? i have never been able to get a moon shot like that.........
  • 4WARD4WARD Senior Member Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,967 Captain
    Good deal Moon, can’t wait to see you put that to good use.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Senior Member Posts: 1,074 Officer
    edited May 2020 #5
    Redsgurl, Thanks for the comments.   I use the editing that comes with the windows 10.  It does a great job for what I need. I just take photos for a hobby and to get outside and take hikes.

JWT, thank you for the comments on the moon shot but the photo was taken with just a point and shoot Nikon B500.  It has a super zoom equal at Max to a 900mm lens The camera only cost $215 and to me it was a great deal.  It funny, I picked a black one.  It comes in 2 more colors, one red the other is plum.  The red one would of cost me $25 more and a plum color cost $50 more.  Nikon has cameras with more zoom, the P1000 max zoom is equal to a 3000mm lens.  Look on YouTube and look at the zoom videos for P1000.  You can see the rings of Saturn with one.  Several Reviews tell you the Nikon B500 is a better camera at 1/4 the price unless you like taking photos of people on top of a mountain 5 miles away with a B1000.  It is not worth the money.

4ward  First I used your anchor sticks today while fishing.  Thanks again they worked great.  Didn't catch any game fish just catfish and several 3-foot long bull sharks that tired you out fast.  My next book I going to read is Fishing For Dummies.

If anybody is interested, I have a YouTube Channel I started it up just as a hobby It called Rambling Tim,  There are over a hundred videos with 95% of them are places and parks, beaches, wildlife photos that were taken inside a two hours drive from Gainesville.  They are slideshows with a few videos mixed in  You may see a spot you want to check out.  Most are around 2 minutes long so I don't take up must of your time watching one.  New videos come out on Tuesday and Friday.  Got enough made up till September that are on hold.