Home Off Topic

What do yall think about the shooting in Brunswick GA?

Replies

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,411 Captain
    Would you prefer I listen to tapes that nobody has heard?

What's more to the story except pruner john's burning desire for additional information to exonerate two stupid rednecks of felony murder?
    Yes if you want to make an informed decision. Try it. You're certainly not use to that of course
    But where will I find them???

Are they hidden under your "d" key?
    They're not in your realm of "on the internet" . That's all you know. 

They do exist. I promise. I dont disappoint
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,288 Admiral
    What really happened.  

some fellas were out taking their guns for a stroll when a big scary black man tried to steal them.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • bottom feederbottom feeder Posts: 1,216 Officer
    I guess we have a new killing to talk about.  Are there murderous police rednecks in Minneapolis?

Leaving Florida... take a developer with you!

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,272 Moderator
    It appears so.
    "What fools can not control, they will attempt to destroy."

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 16,987 AG
    I'd say so.

Did you hear the cops speak?
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,411 Captain
    I guess we have a new killing to talk about.  Are there murderous police rednecks in Minneapolis?
    Yes only white rednecks kill people 
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    edited May 27 #368
    Not really, but it probably helps you to think people actually believe that.  

Reductio ad absurdum.  Ask Cagey if you don't get it. 
  • joelunchbucketjoelunchbucket Posts: 436 Deckhand
    edited May 27 #369
    Racist bigots like to assume all incidents like this are racially motivated. It fits their world view. I will wait until all the facts come out to form my own opinion on the guilt or innocence of the defendants. I haven’t seen anything yet that indicates that race was a factor, other than a few comments made here by the usual ignorant race baiters. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,609 Admiral
    Are we really Race Baiters if we call it like we see it ? 
    Seems some folks just want to say ...Well He's Underprivileged and just needs a break.
    I'm tired of it , screw them..and before I get called all kinds of names  , I use to date a black gal and she was alot of fun...Her Family..not so much...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Very often the same type of people that like to race bait like to hide behind the excuse they are "just telling the truth" or "calling it like I see it" to justify their racist beliefs.  So I'd answer your question with a qualified "maybe".
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,451 Officer
    Racist bigots like to assume all incidents like this are racially motivated. It fits their world view. I will wait until all the facts come out to form my own opinion on the guilt or innocence of the defendants. I haven’t seen anything yet that indicates that race was a factor, other than a few comments made here by the usual ignorant race baiters. 
    Hey, I'm just calling it like I see, or is that privilege reserved just for you?

Bigots, and the usual ignorants, like to perform mental gymnastics, and prefer deniel, to avoid the obvious that most incidents like this are racially motivated. It fits their world view.

See how easy that is.

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,609 Admiral
    Everybody should...Call It Like They See It...Everybody.
    We all have different Life experiences and different thoughts. 
    Personally you won't find a more fun person to talk to than an old Black Couple. I love to listen to...the Way It Was.
    When the Government would pay extra for any child born..The Baby Mommas were just looking for a handout . They needed it because Daddy was in Prison and it helps pay the Rent.
    We've did this to ourselves..Or They have....
    How do we break this Highschool to Prison pipeline ?
    I would love to see it end...But it's not My Fault...No Way..don't even go there...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    edited May 28 #374
    You mean like this? This is part of the problem. No willingness to accept personal responsibility. It is everyone else's fault. "Somebody gotta pay for all these kids", but not her! Why?

• dave44dave44 Posts: 10,848 AG
    That Sainger chick is rolling in her grave.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    edited June 4 #376

Not exactly sure how this thread turned to who's fault, 'it' is .  Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to start accepting responsibility for their own lives.  It's the only way it works.
    Personally, I can't stand people entertaining the so called 'white privilege' movement.  Do I agree that life has been easier for white people than black people.  To some extent, in modern days.  Sure.  Is that my fault?  Absolutely not.  You act ghetto, you get ghetto.  Regardless of your color.
    I hate 'white privilege' not bc their may be some truth, to some extent.  I hate it because it's ALSO racist.  It's not about building black people up.  It's about tearing white people down.

There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • CageyCagey Central FloridaPosts: 917 Officer
    No such thing as white privilege. An invented negative fabricated out of prejudice.

Hey, I'm just calling it like I see, or is that privilege reserved just for you?

Bigots, and the usual ignorants, like to perform mental gymnastics, and prefer deniel, to avoid the obvious that most incidents like this are racially motivated. It fits their world view.

See how easy that is.

Thanks for illustrating my point so well!
  • Bimini_TwistedBimini_Twisted TampaPosts: 1,451 Officer

See how easy that is.

You're really not very good at this.
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 1,088 Officer
    Problem is that too many people go to guns without thinking it through in today's world.

See how easy that is.

You're really not very good at this.
    Nor are you.

Still fun to watch though. Keep the crazy coming!

RJG

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,649 Admiral
    not looking good for the 3 murderers 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,116 AG
    edited June 4 #384
    So they admit chasing him. They admit they had already confronted him and he tried to get away from them to avoid conflict and he admits pulling the trigger shooting Arbery.

Sounds like probable cause for murder to me.

These guys basically admit to chasing him down and shooting him. Arbery finally decided to stand his ground and got killed. I think they are guilty. 

Plus the shooter was apparently a racist who hated blacks. 

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

Even without the video, their own words are pretty damning. Makes you wonder how the first 2 D.A.'s couldn't find probable cause?

RJG

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,374 Admiral
    cadman said:
    So they admit chasing him. They admit they had already confronted him and he tried to get away from them to avoid conflict and he admits pulling the trigger shooting Arbery.

These guys basically admit to chasing him down and shooting him. Arbery finally decided to stand his ground and got killed. I think they are guilty. 

Manslaughter sticks, IMHO.  Admission to chasing him isn't good for their defense team.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    Where's Cagey when you need him?  ;)
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,709 Captain
    edited June 4 #388
    Not sure if it's depositions or what, but that link is broadcasting live testimony atm

There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,649 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    cadman said:

Manslaughter sticks, IMHO.  Admission to chasing him isn't good for their defense team.  
    First it was assault when cleatus pointed his gun at the victim then when someone dies during the commission of a felony it becomes murder 
    I believe 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 5,374 Admiral
    edited June 4 #390
    kellercl said:
    cadman said:

First it was assault when cleatus pointed his gun at the victim then when someone dies during the commission of a felony it becomes murder 
    I believe 
    Heck if know.  I just thought murder requires intent, which is hard to prove.  

Though the choice of language after the shooting makes it appear intent driven.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    kellercl said:
    cadman said:

I believe 
    Heck if know.  I just thought murder requires intent, which is hard to prove.  

Though is choice of language after the shooting makes it appear intent driven.

The epithet the shooter uttered after the shooting says it all.

RJG

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)