Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Oh dear...

I have never ordered groceries on line for home delivery before, but the queues at the
large local supermarkets (even at oldies time) have made it a good idea.

My youngest daughter is an expert in such matters and she advised me to check for
delivery slots first (as there are rumoured long waits), order anything to reserve the shortest wait slot
and then amend it at your leisure.
I registered, checked for slots and found one for 3 days time.
I immediately input an order to reserve our slot, which was a bottle of Jack Daniels for my wife.
Then I got a message that I had not ordered the minimum value of £50.00.
The most expensive thing I could think of immediately was another bottle of Jack Daniels,which
I added straight away, but the slight delay had cost me my slot.

There were no more slots for the month of March (this was on 9th) and the earliest slot
was 13th April, which we took.
I muttered unkind things, but over the next couple of weeks we refined the order,
taking off both the bottles of Jack Daniels and adding other items, getting the account up to close to £90.

The delivery arrived today and totalled two bottles of Jack Daniels.

It appears that all the additions and subtractions I had been doing over the weeks were void,
as I had not pressed the checkout button after the amendments.
So the only valid order was the one I had first input.

That delivery driver has a story to tell.

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,574 AG
    LOL

I went to the liquor store yesterday and was the only one in there besides the cashier. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 8,609 Moderator
    Cranfield said:
    I have never ordered groceries on line for home delivery before, but the queues at the
    large local supermarkets (even at oldies time) have made it a good idea.

My youngest daughter is an expert in such matters and she advised me to check for
    delivery slots first (as there are rumoured long waits), order anything to reserve the shortest wait slot
    and then amend it at your leisure.
    I registered, checked for slots and found one for 3 days time.
    I immediately input an order to reserve our slot, which was a bottle of Jack Daniels for my wife.
    Then I got a message that I had not ordered the minimum value of £50.00.
    The most expensive thing I could think of immediately was another bottle of Jack Daniels,which
    I added straight away, but the slight delay had cost me my slot.

There were no more slots for the month of March (this was on 9th) and the earliest slot
    was 13th April, which we took.
    I muttered unkind things, but over the next couple of weeks we refined the order,
    taking off both the bottles of Jack Daniels and adding other items, getting the account up to close to £90.

The delivery arrived today and totalled two bottles of Jack Daniels.

It appears that all the additions and subtractions I had been doing over the weeks were void,
    as I had not pressed the checkout button after the amendments.
    So the only valid order was the one I had first input.

That delivery driver has a story to tell.

Operator error...LOL

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• trout069trout069 Posts: 5,122 Admiral
    micci_man said:
    LOL

I went to the liquor store yesterday and was the only one in there besides the cashier. 
    Not up here!  They had to tape 6 feet off all over the store 
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,312 Admiral
    micci_man said:
    LOL

Drive thru only in Pelham.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • livebait1livebait1 west JaxPosts: 102 Deckhand
    Kinda weird here in Jax. Can be 50 or so people in TotalWines Whse., but ordinance against surfing on 45 miles of beach.
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,576 Captain
    Drive thru n Albany also
  • JTRJTR Posts: 1,181 Officer
    Second time this week I had to buy booze for the next two weeks.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,597 AG
    Slough said:
    micci_man said:
    LOL

good lord, Pelham has a liquor store, been years since I was there.

Hands dept store was still open when I was 18.
    Is the building still there?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,574 AG
    Why would they not? Loyd Fl even has a liquor store. Look the place up if you don't know where it is. I understand, it's been almost 60 yrs since you've been there. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • billybob11billybob11 Posts: 386 Deckhand
    Not to derail.  Just info.  When going through Pelham.Run 32 mph. They work it hard.  Revenue generating.
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Slough said:
    micci_man said:
    LOL

good lord, Pelham has a liquor store, been years since I was there.

Hands dept store was still open when I was 18.
    Is the building still there?
    The City of Pelham voted several years ago to allow the sale of liquor in the city. The rest of Mitchell co. is still beer/wine only. Camilla does allow mixed drink sales at restaurants. I will try and find a link to the Hand Trading Company. It sat basically empty (couple restaurants tried the old drug store/grocery store corner) for several years. A gentleman has purchased it and is turning it into apartments with plans for retail on ground floor.
    Not to derail.  Just info.  When going through Pelham.Run 32 mph. They work it hard.  Revenue generating.
    Pelham's electricity is provided by Ga. Power. The City was so broke a few years ago, GP turned off the street lights.  US 19 speed zone got the lights turned back on.