Home Egret Boats

Fair price for 1997 189?

Gator5729Gator5729 Stuart’ FLPosts: 2 Greenhorn
I have a shot at a fiberglass 1997 18’9” with a 2012 175 Mercury Pro XS with under 400 hours. Boat has been sitting for 3-4 years but sale is contingent on it running. Status of Minn Kota, jack plate, live wells, and accessories is currently unknown and their repair is not included in the asking price. Boat is in another city and I won’t know if accessories work until it is ready for sea trial. It comes with a trailer that is useable but has also been sitting along with the boat. Seller wants $23,000. Does that sound like it’s in the current ballpark? I won’t post pictures to keep seller anonymous as I’m asking here without permission and am having a hard time finding a Florida boat for sale right now. Thanks!

Replies

• camgcicamgci Posts: 190 Deckhand
    Sounds like a good deal to me if the motor checks out by a qualifed mech. I bought an older egret about 10 years ago that was in pretty rough shape and with a little work had it looking like new in no time. 
  • MudchickenMudchicken Lakeport, FLPosts: 17 Deckhand
    Check your PMs.  I may be familiar with that boat. 
  • Last-CastLast-Cast Posts: 218 Deckhand
    It's a fair price as long as everything i working. After sitting for so long you will need to replace water pump and thermostats and a few other basic maintenance items. I would also open up the fuel sensor and peak inside the gas tank.

Egret 189
    Maverick 17T sold
  • Gator5729Gator5729 Stuart’ FLPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the responses! After some delay due to getting the motor running, I’m the new owner. The boat is currently at the shop in Stuart getting checked out and I hope to have it on the water this week. There are a few things I would like to change based on my style of fishing (remove casting platform, push pole holder, and maybe jack plate) but overall I’m pretty happy with the boat. It cleaned up well after a light wash and it’s hard to tell it’s a 23 year old boat. The list of repairs is fairly minor (gel coat touch up, new gps, new live well pumps, refurbish mercury gauges). This forum has been a great source of info and I look forward to seeing you on the water.
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    Due diligence on the mechanicals.
    Wiring harness, gas tank, other items you listed.
    Forget the jackplate.
    Good price 
    great boat
    Enjoy it--------use it.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.