Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Free charters for people whose income has been affected by coronavirus

rummya87rummya87 Posts: 24 Deckhand
I don't know if this is the right place to put this or if this is against forum rules, but I wanted to do my part to lend out a helping hand.

To the extent I can, with safety permitting (I have an expecting wife at home I need to be careful for), I want to offer free fishing trips to those who have taken an economic beating over the coronavirus. A lot of us are going to be worse off from a mental health perspective from losing money or business than the virus would have done to us to begin with. If you are one of those people, please do not hesitate to reach out. Because of social distancing and quarantine, I may not be able to honor a trip right away, it may take a month, or two, or three, but for those suffering, often having something to look forward to is what gets us through the tough times.

I am lucky in that I also practice law in addition to guiding, and my area of practice won't be too much affected (hopefully) by this. A lot of guides are hurting right now. If you contact me and we end up fishing, I'll ask that you donate anything you would have tipped me to #savetheseason or St. John's Riverkeeper.

I'm not sure how many will call, but I'll try to handle the demand to the best of my ability, again, safety permitting.

A lot of folks out there could use a fishing trip to help heal up some of this madness.

I'm also going to reserve the right to limit who I take, when the trips are scheduled, or cap or end this offer because again, I have no idea what the demand will be and we all need to put safety first.
Capt. Rami Ashouri
Saturiba Company
https://www.northeastfloridafishing.com

Replies

• Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 2,025 Captain
    That's a super nice offer! Fishing def helps w/ the "madness"
  • plumber1969plumber1969 Posts: 372 Deckhand
    Capt. that is an outstanding gesture on your part and if I didn't have a boat I'd pay for a charter with you just to help you offset the cost for someone else. Tight lines indeed!
    2019 Frontier 2014 
  • GeneakersGeneakers West Palm BeachPosts: 285 Deckhand
    Capt. that is an outstanding gesture on your part and if I didn't have a boat I'd pay for a charter with you just to help you offset the cost for someone else. Tight lines indeed!
    Ditto...  Is good to see the best in people come out when the times get tough.  I see way way way tooo much of the "All about me" mentality here in the SE section of the state, it is sickening..

I appreciate people like you Rami!
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,795 Captain
    very honorable Capt!  and I am willing to bet there are others on here that would do the same if they had the luxury so if you have any overflow just let us know.. many of us are happy to help in these tuff times...  kudos!