Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Boat Ramp Closures

Does anyone have a link or PDF of what ramps are closing? I’ve looked on a few sites and cannot find one. Thanks!

Replies

• Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,049 Captain
    Saw that CR was closing down all tourist related boat businesses. Like tours. Fishing guides were exempt, so far. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,133 Officer
    edited March 24 #3
    Not much has been anounced to the public yet. This was all I could find so far. County boat ramps open for now, Crystal River kayak launches are closed.

https://www.discovercrystalriverfl.com/covid-19/

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • ASaltWeaponASaltWeapon Posts: 62 Deckhand
    I Know cedar key is closed. i read an article that the locals in steinhatchee were all upset about out of towners coming in and wanted to close their boat ramps. Personally i think cutting off the access to the water is wrong and not fair to people who can't keep their boat in the water. 
    the brave may not live forever, but the cowards never live at all!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,799 AG
    really hoping Bayport stays open through the weekend 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • redeye76redeye76 Posts: 460 Deckhand
    I think Taylor County commissioners to decide today or tomorrow on their boat ramp closure.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,165 Moderator
    Heard the ramp at dam on Rousseau is closed.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,584 Captain
    that's crazy, what good does it do?
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,578 Captain
    The idea is to keep people at home.

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,584 Captain
    I do not think I will catch a virus out in the boat.
    They probably do not want me to climb ladders either, I might fall.
    Big Brother is at the verge of being out of control.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,214 Captain
    I think the boat closures are more about addressing those that aren't following distancing measures (ie going to sandbars, etc).  The few will ruin for the majority.
    Fishing with your friends who don't live in your household increases the risk of spreading the disease.  Everybody touches everything on a boat.  I realized that the last time I was out and I've shut things down for now. 
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,478 Officer
    Just received a notice from CCSO (5:23PM): New Info Closure:City of Crystal River Aquatic, for profit attractions to include: guided tours and charter boats that exceed the 10 person limit and All Florida Forestry Services offices and facilities. 
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 1,054 Officer
    was down in Clearwater and dunedin today. Playgrounds at parks were full of moms and kids swinging, sliding, yapping face to face. People everywhere in groups of 4, 5, 6. City workers piling in a single truck...new yorkers all over the road, prolly trying to outrun the crud there. Hotels on beaches need to close, not boat ramps. FWC and SO should be able to crush congregating on bars. 
    Reducing store hours and pushing more people thru stores in a shorter period increases stress, lowers resistance and increases chances of spread. Fishing with the people you r sheltering with seems reasonable. I got a house w dock for 10 days in beg of tarpon season, we will be isolated then and there. Ill fish at night w/o lights if i have to!
    My buddy is an ICU nurse, as is my wife. We all need the salt air and relaxation fishing is. 
    Frickin tourists need to stop coming down and non residents should be sent back to from wherever it is they came!
  • bullbaybullbay Posts: 171 Deckhand
    The health experts want everyone to stay home for a month. This soon shall pass... we will all be fishing again in a few months....stay safe my friends
    I can't stay home as it is because i'm "essential" 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • tankeredtankered Gainesvill, FlPosts: 168 Deckhand

"Stay at home for a month" That's ludicrous.

Ok, I have been listening to the " we don't need to close this or that" it's your right to do what you want.  Well, to go fishing , do you have to get gas, did you get shrimp. Do other people touch the dock. Get over it. Suck it up. Think about other people. Stay home. If you can't give up a day on the water, maybe you have worst problems then the virus. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,662 Captain
    agreed, too much whining.
    Put some thought into helping someone out. Much better use of time.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • redeye76redeye76 Posts: 460 Deckhand
    Was just looking at the camera at McRaes. Saw 4 boats launch. Probably some already out and more to come.
    Ruff One said:
    Ok, I have been listening to the " we don't need to close this or that" it's your right to do what you want.  Well, to go fishing , do you have to get gas, did you get shrimp. Do other people touch the dock. Get over it. Suck it up. Think about other people. Stay home. If you can't give up a day on the water, maybe you have worst problems then the virus. 
    Do you still go to the grocery store?   There are 100 times more people and more sick people at the grocery store vs some boat ramp in yankeetown.    Logically closing the grocery stores would do much more to stop the spread than closing anything else.   No teenagers are coughing on my shrimp or the bait guy, but go pick up an orange and there's a non zero chance some stupid teenager has coughed on it as a prank.   
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,478 Officer
    Yesterday to break the monotony of being home, my wife and I took a ride (did not exit the car) and drove around to CR and Homosassa. On the way to Macraes, we saw many boats and pontoons were anchored near each other in the Homosassa Springs area as if nothing was happening. This will cause ramps to be closed by the County or State if it continues. 
    edited March 28 #24
    You actually have very little chance of contracting the virus while walking past somebody in a grocery store.  And the big stores have taken a lot of good steps like frequent sanitization and installing shielding, in-store pickup, and delivery. The risk of fishing and boating with friends is that you are in contact for a long time.  You touch the same stuff and tend to socialize at ramps and marinas. 

One of the dumbest things I'm seeing now is that pontoon boat rentals on the Homosassa river are going full blast even though the county has shut down commercial tours.  Not only are most of the pontoons going out full, but I doubt that they know how to sanitize them between rentals. 
    You actually have very little chance of contracting the virus while walking past somebody in a grocery store.  And the big stores have taken a lot of good steps like frequent sanitization and installing shielding, in-store pickup, and delivery. The risk of fishing and boating with friends is that you are in contact for a long time.  You touch the same stuff and tend to socialize at ramps and marinas. 

One of the dumbest things I'm seeing now is that pontoon boat rentals on the Homosassa river are going full blast even though the county has shut down commercial tours.  My brother works at Riverhaven and he said that no only are most of the pontoons going out full, but they don't really know how to sanitize them between rentals. 
    Doc that makes more sense, the rentals are definitely something that should be shut down.   The only people i fish with are my son, who lives with me.   Wife doesn't want to go this trip.   There are no sand bars where we fish and no chance of us coming into contact with anyone unless a LEO stops us.   Most people i know keep well beyond 6' of distance at the boat ramp as well.   Especially as early as we go.   I'll be surprised if we see anyone to be honest.  
    Ruff One said:
    Do you still go to the grocery store?   There are 100 times more people and more sick people at the grocery store vs some boat ramp in yankeetown.    Logically closing the grocery stores would do much more to stop the spread than closing anything else.   No teenagers are coughing on my shrimp or the bait guy, but go pick up an orange and there's a non zero chance some stupid teenager has coughed on it as a prank.   
    Let me dumb it down for you. Super markets are essential. They sell us food. They are sanitizing like mad to make it safe for you and me. Evidently you want to go fishing. You have given us 100 reasons why it safe for you and your family to go out in public to go fishing. Everyday the people like you that insist on moving around grows smaller. They are getting smarter. Good Luck.    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 27 #27
    Ruff One said:
    Ruff One said:
    Let me dumb it down for you. Super markets are essential. They sell us food. They are sanitizing like mad to make it safe for you and me. Evidently you want to go fishing. You have given us 100 reasons why it safe for you and your family to go out in public to go fishing. Everyday the people like you that insist on moving around grows smaller. They are getting smarter. Good Luck.    
    well since i'm moving around every day to go to work, stopping to get gas because i am an essential worker, i'm already exposed.   but whatever makes you feel good chief 

every day i get drivers from NY/PA/OH/IN/AL come to my window and i have to be here,i have to do my job so you can go to the grocery store and buy up all that crap you are stockpiling and when i get off work and i can actually go, there's nothing left, thanks for that.   Oh and thanks for buying that 3rd standup freezer for your garage, my father in law thanks you for the business.    I am doing my part to keep your shelves stocked, so yea if i have the opportunity to go fishing in an environment where i'm actually coming into contact with LESS people than i do right now on a daily basis, i'm taking it.   
  • BadgerFanBadgerFan Posts: 26 Deckhand
    Soda Popinski, Sorry to hear you need to work and interface with a lot of folks - it's a global pandemic that is taking it's toll on alot of people and you're clearly at risk, as are your family members as a result. However, given that, your situation doesn't justify you ignoring the need to minimize your risk of being a "spreader". This whole "screw the rules!" "I can do what I want!'  etc. etc. is pretty old, and pretty ignorant. No one has a perfect set of guidelines for everyone's situation. So broad brush measures/guidelines are what we have to work with....and they work....and they work well if people sacrifice for a while. But a couple selfish individuals can cause alot of damage. Are you any less selfish than the person who hoards supplies....? 
    BadgerFan said:
    Soda Popinski, Sorry to hear you need to work and interface with a lot of folks - it's a global pandemic that is taking it's toll on alot of people and you're clearly at risk, as are your family members as a result. However, given that, your situation doesn't justify you ignoring the need to minimize your risk of being a "spreader". This whole "screw the rules!" "I can do what I want!'  etc. etc. is pretty old, and pretty ignorant. No one has a perfect set of guidelines for everyone's situation. So broad brush measures/guidelines are what we have to work with....and they work....and they work well if people sacrifice for a while. But a couple selfish individuals can cause alot of damage. Are you any less selfish than the person who hoards supplies....? 
     i will reconsider.  It's not about screw the rules.   I abide by them all week and i have since their inception.   
    You’re ok soda, thanks for doing what needs to be done.
     I think ruff was a little rough.
    Everyone is these days, so I get that too.
    I think from what I just read from the governor. Everybody  should expect all ramps closed very soon.