Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Choko Sunday

Went fishing caught fish - good time.  80 boats Saturday, 65 Sunday, according to Johnny.

Replies

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,792 Captain
    I ramped out of Outdoor Resorts yesterday morning (and got there more than 30 minutes early expecting a big crowd).  I didn't have to do that since I was the second boat there and the third boat only showed up 30 minutes later... Thank heavens for weekdays... When my anglers showed up there was plenty of parking and we eased out headed for Rabbit Key Pass well before sunup... At the end of the day I didn't have to wait a minute to retrieve my old Maverick (after I finished the usual work at the fish table...).

Thank heavens for the 10K - does anyone know if Rod & Gun or Port of the Islands ramps are also open?
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • BobberreduxBobberredux Posts: 5 Deckhand
    R&G was yesterday. The bait shop across the square closed today for 2 weeks.
  • Paucan6005Paucan6005 Port of the islandsPosts: 50 Deckhand
    POI ramp is open.
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 289 Deckhand
    Thankfully Collier County hasn't closed it's ramps YET. I went out of Bayfront yesterday. Pretty good day and out of the house.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,792 Captain
    All of the 10k will have you away from people and out on your own.... It’s a perfect antidote for these times.  My first trips out Port of the Islands were way back when it was called Remuda Ranch and most that I knew used plug casting gear on big, very aggressive snook...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • pkp911pkp911 Posts: 10 Deckhand
    Heading down to chock today from tally for tourney on Saturday. Are boat ramps still open. Thanks.