Home Photography Corner

Glorified Buzzard

DEADEYE DICKDEADEYE DICK Posts: 20 Deckhand
At Viera last weekend

Replies

• redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 541 Officer
    Glorified buzzard is about right. I have seen them steal from Osprey so many times...... Bullies. But beautiful image. I have been down there a few times trying to get a nice image of those Cara Cara. One day.... Did you see the new Sandhill Crane Colts?
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • DEADEYE DICKDEADEYE DICK Posts: 20 Deckhand
    edited March 24 #4
    A different Eagle from last weekend.
    Saw very few Sand Hill adults and no little ones
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,097 AG
    Buzzards don't steal.  Too weak and cowardly.
    Our national bird takes what it wants, when it wants.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 541 Officer
    I disagree about Buzzards being cowardly. I have seen them run an Eagle off that thought he was going to get their find on the side of the road. That Eagle didn't stay long. And left hungry.
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • captbonefishcaptbonefish UmatilaPosts: 211 Deckhand
    At Viera last weekend
    I'll say this with 100% confidence, I've seen ospreys beat the living tar out of eagles, probably a dozen times. Check out turtle bay or bulls bay sometime. Ain't no joke.
  • JWTJWT Posts: 678 Officer
    ospreys are a lot more agile in the air. eagles are not all that regal when you look at their behavior........ but they are cool to photograph!