Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Miami-Dade Ramps/Marina closures

Miami-Dade Carlos Jimenez, in an hysteric power trip attack order the closure of all ramps and marinas in the county, simply because he got **** to see a few people on their boat at sandbars  "on the open" getting their minds off the dam corona virus  hysteria, that is totally unnecessary, unjustified and unfair, there are many fishing guides and small commercial guys that use the public ramps to launch their way of living, not to mention boat owners  that would like to take their kids for a day of fun on the  water to get away from the enclosures of home and to breath  some healthy fresh air for a while, with your family!, same ones you have expend the last week together with, you don't need to have contact with anyone else, just you and your family, not risk of contamination of any kind, no need to punish  everyone to make your authority prevail.    

Over reaction, unnecessary, unfair, hysteria, if you don't want boaters congregating close together on sandbars, have  law enforcement  braking the big gathering if any, I think we should make our voices heard and reject the mayor's over reaction.

Don't tell me Mr. Mayor that I am more likely to contract corona virus on my boat on the water, that I am in the supermarket getting food for my family, 

What do you think guys?  

Replies

• captbonefishcaptbonefish UmatilaPosts: 211 Deckhand
    I ask, what would governor Gillum do?

• HAIR-LARIOUSHAIR-LARIOUS Posts: 80 Deckhand
    I CONCUR !!!!!!!
  • Terence1Terence1 Posts: 168 Deckhand
    I agree, when fishing or going to the sandbar you have very little to no contact with others.

• GotseaGotsea Posts: 183 Deckhand
    Why should we succumb to this draconian measures so the mayor  feels empowered, I am writing a letter to the Mayor office to complaint, I think if we all do that it will change, how about pars? if you want to take your family to a park to get your mind of the BS  and get some fresh air, you can't! what are the parks employees doing now? they are getting pay!, ok enforce the "social distance"  and the groups gathering over 10, 15 or more, that is the way to do it, not incarcerating every one at home  
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,346 Officer
    edited March 23 #6

Young people are spitting on police in France, In Bavaria young Germans are coughing at older people and yelling corona. Here in Florida spring breakers showed disregard for social distancing. So what do you expect when young people flaunt the will of authority?  It is generally considered fact that it takes only ten percent of a population to cause a full blown riot. 

If 40% of the world's population catches the virus and it kills 2% of them, the death toll would be a bit over 56 million. If more then 40% of the world catches the virus the death toll would rival or surpass the deaths in WW2. Of course these figures hopefully would not occur before an effective vaccine becomes available. 

Giimoozaabi
    I honestly don't care if the Mayor owns a boat or if he got a personal vendetta against boat owners, I send I a letter to his office  if they don't give me a satisfactory answer (whish dey don't have) I will head a campaign to austere him. 
    Don't you get it ?  
    The ocean and our waterways will now be reserved only for the one percenter's who live in water front homes.
    Giimoozaabi
    I don't know Cat's, the mayor said last night in front of the cameras "you better have a good reason to be on the water" 
    that sounded like a threat.

The President talked tonight about Florida and the breach closures, he hint that he was not too happy  about it
    The City of Miami's jurisdiction does not extend out past 600 ft into Biscayne Bay nor out into the Atlantic Ocean from their city limits. . They do not own the water rights on state waters no more then they own the airways above their city. I know this since it concerned my work for local government for many years.  Now if the state gives the same order then state law enforcement could enforce it out to three miles.
    Giimoozaabi
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 5,728 Admiral
    The City of Miami's jurisdiction does not extend out past 600 ft into Biscayne Bay nor out into the Atlantic Ocean from their city limits. . They do not own the water rights on state waters no more then they own the airways above their city. I know this since it concerned my work for local government for many years.  Now if the state gives the same order then state law enforcement could enforce it out to three miles.

That's fine and dandy but if the ramps are closed than it is moot.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

edited March 25 #12
    I have a friend who keeps his large sportsfishermen berthed at a private dock in Miami Dade County. He can take it out anytime he wants and just did that to see how the engines are running.  He motored down Biscayne Bay with no problem. 
    Giimoozaabi
    The perfect  place for social distance 'your boat" on the ocean