Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bucs/Panthers

This game is gonna be worth watching just for all the scoring since neither team has any kind of defense. The number is 48.5 and I could very easily be talked into taking the over.
Just heard where Freeman is day to day with a sore shoulder:huh I guess he hurt that patting himself on the back.
Lets see now, stop the stupid penalties, don't throw interceptions, score more points........sound familiar?? yep, same stuff they have been needing to do all along:shrug

Now the good News/Bad news:

Good news.........throwback uniforms
Bad news...........throwback looking team

The Bucs are a 3.5 favorite but my pick is Bucs 30-27
THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.

Replies

• barrynflabarrynfla Posts: 592 Officer
    What's the over/under on attendance? 35,000?
  • Barry, Barry, Barry, so young but yet so cynical..............:grin
    The funny part is as I alluded to is that with no defense on either side it should be a very entertaining game.:wink
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • barrynflabarrynfla Posts: 592 Officer
    I wish I WAS young, Jerry!! But thanks for the thought anyways! :grin
  • Navy_FishingNavy_Fishing Posts: 817 Officer
    Bucs get eaten alive by Newton. This will be the game that forces the leadership to fire Raheeeeeeem. Bucs lose by 3 TDs
  • I've got a hundred cyber dollars that say the Bucs don't lose by 21:grin
    Well, if Freeman doesn't play.........and he didn't really throw today in practice......you could be right:shrug
    And what happens if Josh Johnson starts and lights it up:willynilly

Either way my $$ pick this week is for the Packers to cover.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 12,740 AG
    Well, this is a toss up, as in a puke fest. :grin I think the Bucs are going to stop their slide. 28-24.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • The line today is the Bucs by three and the o/u is down to 47

The line is down to two since it looks like freeman will be out.
    From NFL.com:

While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers consider quarterback Josh Freeman a game-time decision for Sunday's matchup against the Carolina Panthers, the team gave itself some insurance Saturday by promoting Rudy Carpenter from the practice squad.:hairraiser
  • Freeman is out, I hope Josh Johnson is ready.
    4th and 25 on the opening series. :grin

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    I am about dead one with this one. Fure Raheem and let's get a real coach in here. You can only tread water so long and Rahee,'s legs are tiring.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    need a redo on this season
    seeing no improvements except the play of claybourne and bowers
    If play does not improve, it falls on the coaches. But just watching the games, you can see the lack of coaching ability plain as day. Out coached, out hussled, and out classed.
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 5,041 Admiral
    what i want to know is why they released Ahmad Black
  • What about the owners not spending any money? That's where I place the blame.
    Firing a player popular coach is not the answer.
    Don't look for much next year either since the mandate for owner spending doesn't go into effect until 2013.
    IMHYEO

edit:Nick, because he sucked.
  • 238SP238SP Posts: 91 Deckhand
    If play does not improve, it falls on the coaches. But just watching the games, you can see the lack of coaching ability plain as day. Out coached, out hussled, and out classed.
    X2
  • I am about dead one with this one. Fure Raheem and let's get a real coach in here. You can only tread water so long and Rahee,'s legs are tiring.

Great Idea:thumbsup you may be correct:rolleyes what we need is a new coach:thumbsup, great idea:thumbsup the coach sucks so lets replace him and start rebuilding.........again:thumbsup without spending any money on talent:thumbsup good idea, I like your thinking:thumbsup
  • BucYouUp68BucYouUp68 Posts: 1,183 Officer
    Kind of why Chuckie is not there anymore, they would not give him any $$$$ to draft talent. There does need to be a change, Gregg Olsen is a Complete IDIOT. And the defense could not tackle a Snail. Sad, Very Sad, and they wonder why they cant fill the stands
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

BucYouUp68................OUT

5831474064_7809a5b1b4_o.jpg
    I wouldn't waste my money on this team with this coach and these fans. Seats empty and people say spend more?? Maybe we need more **** in the seats and less mouths on a message board if we want the team to spend more money.
    And yes, I have gone to my share of games this year.
  • Cool, so what's your fix?? new coach? cool, lets do it.
    Who would you prefer? what name coach is gonna come here with the purse strings strangling them? And how much would you think the Glazers would pay said coach?

Just askin..........
  • BucYouUp68BucYouUp68 Posts: 1,183 Officer
    Put a winning team on the field and the people will go to the games. I have seen better football from most HS teams. This is Florida, Fair Weather Fans. It is the way it is here, always been that way, always be that way. This is a tough market anyway you look at it. And yes, I have been a fan of this team,and season ticket holder since the beginning. You have to pay to play, this ain't Billy Ball.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

BucYouUp68................OUT

5831474064_7809a5b1b4_o.jpg
    Cool, so what's your fix?? new coach? cool, lets do it.
    Who would you prefer? what name coach is gonna come here with the purse strings strangling them? And how much would you think the Glazers would pay said coach?

Just askin..........
    DING DING!! WINNER!!

Last year was an anomaly. The Bucs are going to flounder in the basement until the Glaziers opens up the pocketbook. This situation started back in the last couple of years of Gruden's tenure and the advancement of Raheem was a cost saving measure. I won't even get into the depth and quality of the players.

Abraham Lincoln
  • I just checked the opening lines for next week and they have the Bucs a one point favorite against the Jags:huh
    Gonna have to watch the game tonight to see just how bad Jacksonville is.:grin
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,427 Admiral
    who is ready for next year ?

23ab9377d5022669dff84f5.jpg

:cool
  • What are you trying to say John? .....your jumping off the bandwagon?:grin
    What are you trying to say John? .....your jumping off the bandwagon?:grin
    The bandwagon is actually a the lil red wagon we pulled around as kids. :grin

Abraham Lincoln