Home General Fishing

Funny Incident Today

Replies

• tom waxelbaumtom waxelbaum Posts: 304 Deckhand
    I didn't know that English Bulldogs could swim, seems their legs would be too short!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,693 AG
    I don't allow unknown people on the water in behind my house.

Sometimes just a simple loud GTFO will suffice.
    Others I crank up the airboat, aim the prop wash at them and shower down, maybe throw some bleach in the wash to clean their filthy mouths out.

Only once have I had to get phyiscal.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • cortrcortr Posts: 289 Deckhand
    How can a post about an aggressive dog degrade to a pissing match between forum members?
  • RobertRRobertR Posts: 329 Deckhand
    30 years ago we were fishing towards Cabbage Key where we would have lunch.  As we were working around an island 2 guys with Uzi's appeared onshore and told us we were trespassing and no fishing was allowed around this island. We knew we were not trespassing but also knew it was time to move on...
  • bonessk01bonessk01 Posts: 8 Deckhand
    Rob R  i think that epitomizes the old saying you can be "dead Right"
    back to the original post a i would have let the local authorities know and let them deal with it or not
  • RobertRRobertR Posts: 329 Deckhand
    I was just west of Pine Island, If memory is correct it was Usepa Island. Maybe they replaced the body guards with guns with dogs?
  • Drifting_ByDrifting_By ChicagoPosts: 134 Deckhand
    I don't want anyone to hurt the dog, not its fault it has a horrible toxic upper class twit of an owner. And it happened on Pine Island itself, not far from the kayak launch so it can't be the first time that dog has gone after a yakker.
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 771 Officer
    cortr said:
    How can a post about an aggressive dog degrade to a pissing match between forum members?
    It's no different than any other social media platform. Tough guys on the keyboard not so bold in person. Been happening since they were playing in their sandbox, once confronted in person the bully cowers.
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 771 Officer
    ANUMBER1 said:

Others I crank up the airboat, aim the prop wash at them and shower down, maybe throw some bleach in the wash to clean their filthy mouths out.

Only once have I had to get physical.
    Sure you do.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    I would put my money on Anumber1 against finbully..... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,521 Captain
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    I go where I want to on the water.  
    I am armed and always looking for a reason to use it.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,521 Captain
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 396 Deckhand
    tankered said:
    duckmanJR said:
    tankered said:
    duckmanJR said:
    tankered said:
    You'd really kill a dog because it's owner is a c**t?
    In less than a nanosecond....aggressive dogs should all be killed

Of course I'm not surprised, you're a cop. Cops are inherently scared when it comes to dogs. "Aggressive dogs" to cops are wagging their tails wanting to be petted.

Really, cops are scared in general, as much as **** pigs claim to "fear for their lives" before unloading on a civilian.

Day drinker....all "tanked up "  LOL 

PS...it's ex...been retired over 12 years...but I sure miss killin' those dogs.   LOL 

I wish.

Once a cop, always a cop. Y'all never lose that us vs them mindset.

TRIGGERED!,   
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 396 Deckhand
    edited March 24 #47
    ANUMBER1 said:

You think you own the water in your back yard?  I fish behind peoples houses all the time.  They don't own anything below the high tide line.   I am always having to educate wealthy but ignorant home owners.  If your harassing fisherman, then you are the only one breaking any laws.

Now that, that has been said.   95% of the homeowners i meet are cordial, i usually learn their names and we swap fishing reports.   The small percentage of homeowners who want to be buttholes,  well we can just have us a **** contest.   I take my sweet sweet time and fish their docks real good.  :)
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    I have fished in A#1`s back yard dressed as a naked Mexican.  He never did a thing.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,258 AG
    Nothing a dog treat can't handle.   By the end of that trip that dog is coming with me to the ramp and i've got a new best friend.   
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • IntheslotIntheslot Posts: 342 Deckhand
    The water is public, not anyone's. 

On occasion people have to be reminded followed with some obligatory cursing and instruction on bodily functions.

I am always armed and prepared to protect myself and family from 2 and  4 legged critters.
  • RexyRexy PSLPosts: 7 Deckhand
    duckmanJR said:
    tankered said:
    You'd really kill a dog because it's owner is a c**t?
    In less than a nanosecond....aggressive dogs should all be killed
    I agree...

Call me an ****, I do not care.

I have a dog, he is a well behaved Aussie, he won't even leave the yard unless I tell him it is OK.

I have NO USE for alligators with hair, as a matter of fact, I am 5 for 5 on the roving, feral, vicious neighborhood pitbull shoot.

I put a 230 gr. slug through the head of one that was attacking one of my local animal control officers several years back.

If you cannot control your vicious, biting menacing dog..  I will.
  • EnyarEnyar Posts: 101 Deckhand
    Weird **** people in this thread, no wonder we can't have nice things.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    Bigfish5 said:
    ANUMBER1 said:

You think you own the water in your back yard?  I fish behind peoples houses all the time.  They don't own anything below the high tide line.   I am always having to educate wealthy but ignorant home owners.  If your harassing fisherman, then you are the only one breaking any laws.

Now that, that has been said.   95% of the homeowners i meet are cordial, i usually learn their names and we swap fishing reports.   The small percentage of homeowners who want to be buttholes,  well we can just have us a **** contest.   I take my sweet sweet time and fish their docks real good.  :)
    Art was joking.

Sometimes it's hard to tell.
    Art stirs the poo - poo  :p
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • alluringalluring PensacolaPosts: 5 Deckhand
    Yeah, it can get kinda weird.  People like to fish near docks, and the homeowners that own the boat docks don't like the fisherman in the boats or kayaks or whatever, just lingering near the dock.

But the folks in the boat are fishing, so you have to linger near docks.  

And homeowners don't own the water.  It's a very weird situation.  I've found that it's best to be respectful and tolerant in these situations.  As long as everyone is being respectful, everything should be fine.

Although I don't think it's cool to train your dogs to chase off fisherman that are just fishing.  That ain't cool.
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,481 Officer
    edited May 9 #56
    I have only had to maim one dog when I was about 13 yo when I had an afternoon paper route delivering the Miami News. Back then there were no leash laws in Dade County. This dog was a large male German Shepard in the wealthy part of Coconut Grove near Bay Shore Drive. The dog was always out in the front of the house and would try to take me down off the bike everyday. Back then paperboys were expected to fend off dogs with just a stick but this dog was not deterred by a bare stick, so I fashioned a 30 inch gig to defend myself. I finally was forced to drive the steel gig down its throat which removed part of its tongue that remained on the gig’s barbs. Never saw that dog again
    Giimoozaabi
  • LostconchLostconch Posts: 762 Officer
    When we were kids we rode our bicycles fishing alot. Again no leash laws so one of us always tied a bank sinker on the line. Whack as aggressive dog with a 1/2 sinker once or twice and they usually left us alone
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,064 Captain
    edited May 10 #58
    I have fished in A#1`s back yard dressed as a naked Mexican.  He never did a thing.
    If you wore a wig, and fished in TRT's backyard, I'm sure you would get some attention. :)
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,006 Admiral
    Heck if ,n I seen that I'd break out the suntan lotion , the Cushions and put something sexy and slow paced on the radio..Start waving Hi come on over .
    I got a big Eel right over here...You sexy thing you..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    I just hope somebody shot that dang dog..... 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited May 11 #61
    No reason to be scared of a swimming dog. They are no threat to you. What kind of weenie would be scared enough to shoot a swimming dog? The owner needs some manners, but the dog is a non threat. And if you are in fear of that, you need some help
    You should have been here yesterday