Home General Fishing

Yankee capt slow pitch jig weight's, colors, body shape's, and action tones?

demersalangelerdemersalangeler SE FLORIDA Posts: 437 Deckhand
edited March 13 in General Fishing #1
 For those of you that have experience slow pitch jigging on the Yankee capt. what jig weight's are you commonly ussing on the trips, and what style body's? Also what action tones, and colors are common producer's? 

I am not looking for any particular trip, but rather any useful experience under varying conditions.
 Thanks. 

Replies

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,624 AG
    Might want to post this in the keys section.
    The regulars(and the Captain) are pretty good at helping out.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • XafXaf Posts: 1,105 Officer
    I agree you might get more responses in the Keys section.  There is some info on the Yankee Capts web site. 
    You can also try to message Benwah22 he is one of the experts when it comes to slow pitch jigging.  You might also try to contact someone on the NLO Fishing website https://www.nlofishing.com  They have a lot of the jigs that most guys are using. 
    The guys who are dedicated to slow pitch jigging come with 20 - 30 jigs or more so you probably will get a lot of "it depends" answers to your questions..  Different weights for different conditions, different colors for different depths and weather conditions, etc.  In general you probably need jigs in the 200 - 300 gram range.  
    Hope that helps you some.  Good luck.
  • demersalangelerdemersalangeler SE FLORIDA Posts: 437 Deckhand
     I reposted my question in the keys section, so if you have a response please respond there. 
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 768 Officer
    Watch the Florida sport fishing videos on you tube  , lot's of video with info specifically for the YC trips . 
  • demersalangelerdemersalangeler SE FLORIDA Posts: 437 Deckhand
     Already watched all that. I have been at this for about 4 years. I was just looking for some experience from other individuals. To provide insight into possible local techniques/tips to help bring just what was needed. All of my spj experience is in SE Florida in the Atlantic down to 900' feet so far.  I have never spj in the gulf, so any advice on such is appreciated. 

• GeneakersGeneakers West Palm BeachPosts: 173 Deckhand
    Dem... check your inbox friend, I sent you a message..