Home General Fishing

Help Identify This Lure

capttimbcapttimb TexasPosts: 3 Greenhorn
I have what looks like a Mirrolure but has no markings, found it tucked away in a tackle box while spring cleaning.  Can anyone help with identification?  Maybe a prototype?  Thanks

Replies

• Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 862 Officer
    Looks like a factory defect that never got the diving lip installed.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    Definitly looks L&S ( mirrolure) 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • capttimbcapttimb TexasPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    edited March 11 #4
    E-mailed Mirrolure, waiting to hear back so I can send them the pic as well.
  • capttimbcapttimb TexasPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thanks for that info Capt. Bob, very interesting.  I started guiding in '98 so that makes sense as Mirrolure would send quite the care packages to us new guys.....or maybe they knew that I am a native to FL??

Still unable to find anything on the web as they now have a soft plastic named "Provoker".  Any of yours have a model number?

Thanks
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,978 Captain
    Don’t believe that model ever had a number at all.  I started full time in 1996 and from the first placed an order with Mirrolure every two or three years.  I only remember ordering that model once.. I caught fish with it but my anglers didn’t so they didn’t get as much use as I thought they would...

All these years later I still only hand hard baits to guys and gals with some experience... if I want results.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,547 Captain
    Is your issue with your clients that they don’t have patience to wait out the pause ? Or they cant put the lure where
    Bob, is your issue with your clients that they don’t have patience to wait out the pause ? Or they cant put the lure where they should? Or both?

i haven’t posted in awhile and don’t know how to edit.
    Quick answer.... yes.. to both concerns and you can add to that speed of retrieve and ultimately confidence in what you’re using.  Lots of different aspects to using hardbaits -particularly ones that need to be worked as opposed to simply being retrieved.

If I had the same angler aboard for a few days all of that would change, but I rarely have the same anglers for more than a few days at a time.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    When I was ten years old I learned to fly fish with a popping bug on the Tamiami Trail. That was the method I was taught, the popper lands and you wait for the ripple to end and then a twitch. That twitch produced a lot of hits and my grandfather insisted on repeating that move. It was a lot to ask of a ten year old, but I did catch a lot of fish.

and for anyone wanting to learn a bit about tossing lures for both bass and the salt... here's a current thread on another site...https://www.microskiff.com/threads/bass-techniques-inshore.77336/
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666