Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Sweetwater/ jungle bay fishing ?

Has anyone had any luck with snook and reds back there? Headed down next weekend was looking to explore the off the path deep backcountry some. I’ve fished sweet water a bit with limited success, however the jungle bay behind it has caught my eye on google earth and am thinking about trying that out as well. Catching snook way in the back is fun the issue is finding quality to go along with quantity. 

Replies

• thecawthecaw Posts: 8 Deckhand
    This board is about useless for replies lol 
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,151 Officer
    At least you tried. That gave us some activity. LOL
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Drifting_ByDrifting_By ChicagoPosts: 134 Deckhand
    edited February 29 #4
    thecaw said:
    This board is about useless for replies lol 
    Must mean they're packed shoreline to shoreline with giant fish and no one wants to give away the honeyhole.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,630 Captain
    That area like most of the upper bays can be great or an absolute zero from day to day depending on conditions.   We did very well up near there yesterday but remember that whole area is one that you’ll simply have to learn for yourself... Asking for info in an area where local guides don’t even post fishing reports isn’t likely to get the slightest response at all...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 275 Deckhand
    Bob is saying that the area can be good, and the lack of reports is to keep it quiet.  My striper fishing up north is the same,no one will ever report how great they did in a certain area.  Comes with the territory . I'd give it a try and see how you do.  I don't expect you'll report on the trip. LOL Good luck.