Home General Fishing

Pasco County Fishing

paboypaboy Pasco CountyPosts: 6 Deckhand
Anyone have any good areas to go fish on foot in Pasco county?

Replies

• backwatercolebackwatercole Posts: 217 Deckhand
    Are you asking about fresh or salt water?  If you're asking about salt water, there aren't too many places in Pasco that offer easily accessible areas for fishing on foot.  There are a few places along the Cotee River you can fish from land though and in Holiday, there is Key vista park that you can walk out from and Anclote pier just around the corner from there.  You'd be better off heading just south to fish off Howard park in Tarpon or down to the Dunedin Causeway a little further south than that.  
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,261 Moderator
  • paboypaboy Pasco CountyPosts: 6 Deckhand
    Should have clarified, I meant freshwater. Thanks for the saltwater advice though!
  • backwatercolebackwatercole Posts: 217 Deckhand
    There are NUMEROUS spots to go freshwater fish in Pasco.  Many parks that have lakes, many retention ponds throughout the area.  You could do a quick google earth search and see all of the many locations you could freshwater fish.  Just make sure you're not in someone's backyard or in an area that's "off-limits".  I see many people fishing the retention ponds on my way to and from work each day and I know for a fact that they have "no fishing signs" but they either play dumb, or they're not enforced.