Edgewater, FL - Flounder 11-27-2011

Left out the backyard to the river and gigged 9 flounder.. almost limited out but got tired and went home. Incoming tide as always. Water visibility wasn't that great. 17-25" average size. Saw lots of small ones also. It was a pick and choose night.

Flounder.jpg

Replies

• Indian River JoelIndian River Joel Posts: 362 Officer
    Good job! These are the flatties that I was catching consistently earlier this year and late last year. I have yet to catch good sized flounder with regularity in the IRL this year. Sounds like you will have a good dinner!
    "Indian River" Joel
    www.wadefishingflorida.com
    321-402-9881
  • OysterbottomboyOysterbottomboy Posts: 414 Officer
    Nice job! you will see 20 bats down there tonight and prob 50 this weekend lol.
  • QualityTimeQualityTime Posts: 180 Officer
    They sure were there this weekend & some of the comercial guys are ****. They came with in 10ft of me with the outboard running churning everything up multiple times... I only ended up with 4, and missed 1... the visability was horrible.
    2010 Key West 211cc
    175hp Evinrude Etec
    :Rockon
  • NSByakNSByak Posts: 424 Officer
    Nice work. Wish I could do this from the kayak! Last few times we've been out at night from Menard Park there has been quite a few people out it looked like. I assumed they were after some flounder.